Job Description For Banquet Manager
You will be responsible forthe efficient running ofthe division in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies andbrand standards, whilst meetingemployee, guest and owner expectations.
This position is responsible for managing all banquets and events in the hotel to deliver an excellent guest experience while optimizing sales, evaluating performance, and ensuring staff levels meet demand.
- Maintain exceptional levels of customer service.
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Optimize sales and contain costs, identifying areas for action.
- Maintain good communication and work relationships across all hotel departments and with external clients and suppliers.
- Ensure staffing levels meet business demands.
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated.
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Other tasks/duties as assigned by Food & Beverage Director or General Manager
- Manage all Banquet & Catering events.
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Banquets team.
- Propose ideas to build the range and quality of Banquet & Catering operations.
- A minimum of 1yearof previous experience as an Event Services Manager/Assistant, Food and Beverage Manager/Assistant, Event Services Supervisor.
- Full Time Management Position that requires full flexibility, including the ability to work weekends and holidays and a varied schedule
- A true desire to understand and anticipate the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Candidates should be extremely creative, innovative, detail oriented and organized
- Hotel experience and a thorough understanding of all levels of banquet service
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, strong developer and trainer and effective in providing exceptional customer service
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job:
•Proficient in Excel, Word. Power Point and Outlook
Additional Comments and Requirements:
• Solid written, verbal and presentation skills
•Excellent organizational skills
•Strong client relationships
•Must be adaptable and a team player
•Strong interpersonal skills and a can-do positive attitude