Food and Beverage Service
New York City, United States
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Banquet Manager
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest.Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. Development opportunities and career path options are endless with Hyatt; there's virtually no limit to where your ambition can take you in our world-class organization. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Our Hyatt Culture is represented by our mission, values, and goals through: Innovation, Respect, Service-Orientation and Inclusion. Innovative, Hyatt employees are forward thinking and passionate as we seek new ways to advance in the hospitality industry. Respect, Hyatt employees are inspired by team spirit and camaraderie. Service-Oriented, Hyatt employees are customer focused by providing authentic hospitality in every way every time. Diversity and Inclusion, Diversity is an integral part of who we are and what we represent.
Goal of the Banquet Manager: The Banquet Manager is responsible for assuring the success of all banquet events, while maintaining a profitable operation and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to share ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high. This also includes working and communicating closely with all hotel departments and to ensure a successful and effective event resulting in a positive guest experience.
TheBanquet ManagerResponsibilities may include:
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of colleagues and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by colleagues and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and colleagues in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Hyatt Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
- Comply with Hyatt Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
BanquetManagerare an integral part of the hotel's overall Food and Beverage team. Your colleagues will work along with the Restaurant Manager, Stewarding Manager &Food & Beverage Managerto ensure a successful Food & Beverage Team.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards...whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.Qualifications Fundamental Requirements:
- Colleagues must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow colleagues.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the hotel's banquet operation.
- Supervise all banquet personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the banquet operation.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
- Monitor quality of service in banquet operations.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
- Ensure compliance with SOP's in all outlets.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Hyatt standards.
- Understand and be able to prepare payroll and tip distribution.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (CARE, One to One), etc.
- Coordinate all banquet related food and beverage requirements with the appropriate departments.
- Keep kitchen informed of accurate counts for plating.
- Review menu/service with catering managers and banquet chef.
- Maintain up to date details on banquet functions and communicate to supervisors.
- Conduct ongoing training of captains/hourly colleagues to maintain standards of service.
- Make personal contact with guests and assist them with any requests.
- Supervise proper tabulation of all banquet checks and ensure that all checks are presented to guests for signature.
- Requisition liquor, etc. for banquet bars.
- Ensure safety, sanitation, and cleanliness of service areas.
- Oversee banquet set-up assignments.
- Ensure inspection of all banquet areas for cleanliness and maintenance on a regular basis.
- Conduct menu classes and line-ups for all functions.
- Supervise the work of banquet management and captains, and observe the performance of hourly service personnel.
- Control and maintain all service equipment. Write service requests as necessary.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction
Education & Experience:
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
- High school diploma required.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Strong knowledge of service standards, and different service types (French, Russian, etc.).
- Knowledge of food and beverage preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.