Our foundation in family goes back to 1957, when entrepreneur Jay Pritzker purchased the original Hyatt House motel. Pritzker and his brother, Donald, worked to grow the Hyatt brand, powered by their belief in the importance of family and care. As of March 31, 2020, Hyatt is a global hospitality company with 20 premier brands and more than 900 hotel, all-inclusive, and wellness resort properties in over 65 countries across six continents.With more than 127,000 colleagues across 65 countries, we embrace all cultures, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, ages, abilities, perspectives, and ways of thinking. Our culture is one that empowers every individual to be his or her best, and such authentic connection inspires the way we care for each other and for our guests.Be a part of something bigger. Enjoy life every day. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a company that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity, and fun. With careers spanning the globe, your perfect opportunity awaits. Discover why Hyatt is consistently ranked one of the world’s best places to work.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Food and Beverage Service
Location : Canberra/Australia
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 10 Feb 2022
Job Role : Bar Manager
Recruiter : Hyatt Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ75198
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-03-10
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
About Park Hyatt Canberra
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world's premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
This is your chance to work with exclusive clientele at a luxuriousheritageproperty like no other. As a valued member of the team you will enjoy:
• Complimentary employee meals
• Training and development opportunities
• Laundered uniforms
• Complimentary and discount accommodation atHyatt properties worldwide
About the Role
As a Bar Attendant, you will contribute to and assist the team with the efficient running of the department according to the established brand standards of Hyatt International, providing courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times when setting rooms and serving food & beverages to guests, in order to maximise guest satisfaction.
Working in a team, you will support the Manager in the day to day operations as well as supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
This varied and dynamic role provides a chance to develop your Hospitality career within an international company; either in Australia or overseas.
Some of the responsibilities include:
• Prepare, set up, stock, take down, clean and provide quality beverages and food products, adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
• Take food and drink orders and deliver to guest room if necessary.
• Bus tables or retrieve trays and/or carts from guest rooms.
• Responsible for food service set up and break down.
• Ensures the delivery of brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
• Provides excellent service to guests and internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
• Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
• Establishes a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationships.
• Works closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
• Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all Food and Beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
• Works in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments in line with our purpose.
• Previous bar and winery experiencein hotel environment or similar fast-paced environment
• A valid and current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication and time management skills
• Superior customer service skills along with the capability of working both autonomously and as part of a team
• The ability to create a positive first impression with an understanding of the importance of 5 star grooming standards
• The flexibility to work on a rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays
A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World's Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply through www.hyatt.jobs