Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Bar Waiter
The restaurant MAMA MAKAN and its bar are the place to go for an authentic Indonesian all-day-dining experience. Together with the entire team, our #mamaloves taking guests on a culinary journey to Indonesia, experiencing the original dishes reminiscent to the menus on the walls of cafés in Jakarta.
MAMA MAKAN is looking for a passionate Bar Waiter/Waitress!
What Mama seeks:
'How someone treats a waiter can tell you so much about a person' is what Mama says. She is looking for a passionate waiter who adds some flavor. Because it is not just about serving drinks. It's about the whole bar experience. Someone who knows the menu by heart and will go out of his/her way to make sure Mama's guests feel at home. The waiter makes sure that all our guests are connected to what and who matters to them most. Someone who takes care of all our guests and treats MAMA MAKAN as their own home.
Wh at does the ROLE entail?
What's in it for YOU? General Perks:
- Seating, taking orders and serving guests according to the established sequence and procedures;
- Presenting menu, answering enquiries, and making suggestions regarding food, beverage and service to guest in the restaurant, room service, bar, and meeting rooms as per daily assignment;
- Having thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items in the menu, and the ability to recommend and up sell;
- Shaking and serving delicious botanical cocktails;
- Handling all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily;
- Clearing and resetting counters or tables at conclusion of each course;
- Being fully conversant with all aspects of the Micros system;
- Taking care of the bill and accepting payment, performing the function of cashier as required;
- Maintaining bar stocks of all equipment and guest supplies as required;
- Assisting with opening and closing duties according to checklist;
- Maintain a good working relationship with staff in the F&B department and all other departments;
- Working closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner.
- An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best;
- 12 free nights at Hyatt hotels globally every year and 20% Discounts at our F&B outlets;
- A guest experience in your own city with a complimentary overnight stay, cocktails & dinner for two;
- Travel Allowance, starting from a 5 kilometers travel distance from the hotel.
- Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house.
- 25 Vacation days
"Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best - and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose"
- To support our colleagues mental wellbeing we provide access to "Headspace App" for all employees, free of charge as Hyatt's wellbeing assessment tool "Hyatt Well-Check"
- Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
- Hotel gym access
"Careers at Hyatt don't have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based an employee's individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice"
- International working experience with future international transfer happily facilitated.
- Personal development plan, in order to reach your full potential.
- A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues; from e-learning to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best (example: Excel courses, Leadership series etc.).
"Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all"
- An International team of over 15 different nationalities
- Focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within our team. Through employee support groups (HyPride & [email protected]), workshops and classroom trainings
HyPride Amsterdam VideoQualifications #mamaloves you, because...
- You have a passion for cocktails and/or want to learn more about the bar operation.;
- At least 1 year experience working in Hospitality, preferably as a Waiter/Waitress at a Hotel;
- A Degree in Hospitality / Tourism, or additional relevant on-the-job training;
- Good language and communication skills in English (and ideally in Dutch as well);
- A flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and/or holidays as needed;
- Legally allowed to work in the Netherlands, holding an EU/EEA passport or a valid work permit for the country (we do not assist with Visa / permit applications).
The restaurant MAMA MAKAN and its bar are located inside the Hyatt Regency Amsterdam. The hotel features 211 guestrooms, including 13 suites on the beautiful Sarphatistraat in Amsterdam East. A place designed around the power of meaningful connections; a place for dynamic interactions.
Do you like what you read? Please send us your CV and all the reasons why #mamaloves YOU