Food and Beverage Service
Excelsior Springs/United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Cabana Host/Pool Attendant
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
- Greeting cabana guests as they enter the pool area and escorting them to their cabana.
- Assisting guest with food and beverage choices/menus, taking food and beverage orders accurately, delivering orders promptly.
- Accurately, and professionally deal with cash/credit transactions, aid cabana guests with requests, and cabana/pool deck cleanliness.
- Provide Cabana guests unmatched service during all interactions.
- Proactively look for guest service opportunities in and out of cabanas, and take ownership of requests
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of cabana and pool areas at all times.
- Must be regularly checked by supervisor to ensure proper handling of equipment and proper lifting techniques.
- Works in an appropriate non-hazardous manner avoiding self injury and unsafe work methods
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude in difficult situations.
- Maintain and actively monitor guest safety and well being, and positively enforce cabana rules when applicable.
- Perform additional duties as directed by management.
- Possess skills to expedite clerical processing, perform a service, evaluate information, and take action based upon information to complete a task or assignment or activity.
- Completion of a task or assignment requires use of equipment, tools or systems related to the proper performance of the service.
- Provide a service for others, and provide expertise based on information keyed, gathered, studied, processed or reviewed.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you. This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.Qualifications
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Refined verbal communication skills.
- 21 years of age.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company appearance standards.
- Must be comfortable in swimsuit uniform.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required licenses, such as Health Card, as required by law or policy.
- Minimum of 1 year of food and beverage or restaurant experience required.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, 100% customer service oriented enjoying opportunities to work with and assist people; teamwork oriented, able to enforce rules in a courteous and professional manner, function effectively under time constraints, possess excellent interpersonal and guest relation skills both in person and over the phone when dealing with management, team members, and guests.
- Effective listening skills and attention to detail a must.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well, give direction, review the work of others, and provide guidance and counsel when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with hotel guests in a congenial and polite manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.