Finance and Accounts
Maui, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Cashier (Hana Gas Station) - Full Time
Join us for this incredible opportunity to be part of our team as a Gas Station Cashieratbeautiful Hana-Maui Resort!Not only will you be part of a rock-starteam, but you'll get to be part of the #5 Resort in Hawaii for the 2021 Condé Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards!
We offer excellent benefits:
- Free room nights, Discounted and Friends & Family Room Rates
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Family Bonding Time and Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free colleague meals during shift
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Discounts at various retailers -Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Headspace and many more
Gas Station Cashiers are responsible for processing multiple forms of payment for fuel & store goods/merchandise, making product recommendations, having financial acumen, stocking the store and rotating stock based on the first in first out rule. Cashiers are the final point of contact for the experience and have the ability to ensure customersatisfaction.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintains and performs standards put for the by Texaco/Chevron brand.
- Must obtain Hawaii UST Class A/ B & C certifications within 30 days of hire. Must obtain re-certification on an annual basis.
- Must follow daily duties & procedures and sign off on each to ensure completion.
- Maintains facilities in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to, processing multiple forms of payment, making product and gift recommendations, financial acumen, stocking the store and rotating stock based on the first in first out rule.
- Check in freight and keep warehouse clean and organized.
- Performing safety inspections and communicating with leadership on finds.
- Provides an excellent and memorable guest experience.
- Delivers a high level of guest services in conformance with policies, procedures, work instructions, training, codes of conduct and other directives.
- Is familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquires accurately.
- Process returns, resolves complaints in a friendly way.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and acknowledges guests in a welcoming and friendly manner.
- Maintains display area, ensuring that merchandise is well organized and in an orderly condition.
- Balances cash receipts, takes cash and credit slips to accounting for processing.
- Assures that confidential and financial data is maintained securely and handled in a discreet fashion.
- Processes all deposits and cash according to procedures.
- Store cash in accordance with Hyatt bank and vault policies.
- Ensures that the gas station is safe and secure.
- Promptly cleans up and record keeping of any breakage of spills in the retail area.
- Alerts management immediately if any gasoline tank leakage is recognized by monitors.
- Oversees delivery of gasoline products in a safe manner.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Hyatt is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityQualifications
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Able to operate gas station pumps
- Able to work around chemicals typically found in a gas station and retail establishment
- Able to perform all essential duties with or without accommodation.
Qualifications and Standards:
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License
- Ability to read and comprehend procedures and material safety data sheets.
- Knowledge of simple mathematics
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to suggestively sell
- Ability to use a fire extinguisher
- Ability to operate cash register, computer and calculator
- Demonstrate knowledge in the safe and appropriate tools and equipment related to the essential functions of the job
- Successful completion of training required by gas vendors/ability to complete training within one month of hire
- Successful completion of training/certification requires by the County of Maui for retail establishments selling alcohol within one moth of hire.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Certification in CPR and First Aid within 30 days of hire