Isle of Palms, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Cook: $16-18/hr
Join us for this incredible opportunity to be part of our Culinary team as a Cook atWild Dunes Resort in Isle of Palms, just outside of Charleston, SC. N ot only will you be part of a remarkable property, but you'll be a part of a company that was recognized as one of Fortunes 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021!
We Offer Excellent Benefits:
- Free room nights, Discounted and Friends & Family Room Rates
- Medical, Prescription,Dental,and Vision Insurance after 30 Days of Employment
- Paid time off and holiday pay - Full Time & Part Time colleagues eligible
- Paid Family Bonding Timeand Adoption Assistance
- 401K with company match
- Coolest colleague dining facility in the Charleston Region
The Cook is primarily responsible for the production and execution of food products resort-wide. The cook is responsible for cooking, preparing and garnishing food. The cook may work in a catering culinary setting or in a standard restaurant on the property. Previous Culinary experience is not required.
Rate of Pay: $16-$18 DOE Qualifications Working Conditions:
- Assist in the preparation and daily production of restaurants, room service and outlet menus
- Ensure resort, state, and federal food health & safety standards are adhered to
- Must strive to put out high quality, consistent food product
- Under the direction of the chef, monitor and maintain ingredients, supplies and equipment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that will likely include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to live the Hyatt Values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity & Fun
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat);
- Must be able to walk, climb into and out of and operate a vehicle frequently, with occasional stair climbing.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to repetitively lift, push, pull & carry up to 15 lbs., frequently up to 25 lbs. and occasionally up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to twist, bend and squat frequently;kneel or crawl occasionally; infrequently climb a ladder
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand & arm movements, pushing and pulling and simple grasping frequently; squeezing, overhead reaching & fine manipulation occasionally.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently.