Austin, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Cook 2 - Intermediate Level [$18.25/hr] | Full-Time | Enjoy discounted room night, PTO, Free Parking downtown and More!
Join the amazing Culinary Team atHyatt Regency Austin as an Intermediate Level Line Cook 2!
The Banquet Cook 2- Intermediate Linerequires good communication and culinary skills. The desired cook candidate will have hotel cooking experience and a culinary degree. An intermediate cook should have a professional knowledge of cooking ingredients and procedures. Intermediate cook will work single stations in the kitchen and require significant supervision and training.
Evening and weekend availability is required for this shift. Previous hotel cooking experience and a culinary degree is preferred, but not required.
BENEFITS! LOVE WHERE YOU WORK! Hyatt has been named to the"top 100 companies to work for"list for the ninthyear in a row - Fortune2022, and Hyatt is proud to be ranked on Forbes' annual list of the World's Best Employers for 2022. Recognized for our corporate social responsibility, culture, gender equality, benefits, and more, Hyatt ranked #53 of the 800 companies featured.
We care for people so they can be their best .
- Career Growth and Advancement - Hyatt believes strongly in promoting from within. We offer training, skills development & career mobility, providing opportunities for advancement at every level
- Affordable Benefits after 30 days - full-time colleagues are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD
- Referral Bonuses up to$500.00 - for bringing new members to our team
- Free and Discounted Room Nights - atHyatt Hotels around the world
- Free Parking -in downtown Austin in our on-site garage!
- Discounted Bus Passes - subsidized by Hyatt, paid through payroll deduction
- Paid Time Off - including family bonding time
- Healthcare FSA - saves you money for medical expenses
- FinancialAssistance - T uition & Gym reimbursement
- Financial Perks - 401(k)w/company match &discounted employee stockpurchase plan
- Employee Assistance Program - 24/7 emotional support, legal guidance, personal & financial resources
- Discounts at various retailers - at Headspace, Apple, AT&T, Verizon and More!
* Some benefits may require full-time status to qualify.
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.Qualifications
- Refined verbal communication skills.
- 2 years of previous line experience preferred.
- Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred.
- Candidate should be able to perform all basic cooking skills.
- Able to work single station in the kitchen.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Afternoon/Evening availability is preferred