Lenox, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Culinary Instructor
Your journey begins now!
At Miraval Berkshires it is our ongoing purpose to bring imagination, authenticity and meaning to wellness. Each day we work to bring out the best in all we do for our guests and colleagues (you) to take comfort in.Candidates interested in joining us on this journey need to believe in the power of the individual and understand that regardless of the job, every position has meaning and is important to Miraval's purpose.
We seek a skilled and dynamic Culinary Instructor for our Life and Balance Kitchen. We seek a charismatic leader who can further refine, enhance, expand and promote our company's nutritional philosophies while taking culinary operations at Miraval Berkshires Resortto new levels of excellence.
The Culinary Instructor is in charge of the programming classes assigned by the programming chef. Classes will range in sizes depending on occupancy.
- Planning and execution of daily classes for our guest
- Testing and tasting of recipes
- Development of new designs and recipes
- Requisition of supplies and equipment
- Training and mentoring of staff
- Setting and working within a budget
- Coordination with the Chef's on complementary flavors
- Following the latest trends in culinary arts
- Experimentation with new flavors
- Assigning priorities to guest requests
- Understanding all cooking techniques recipes are required
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly work area
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef or Programming Chef
Miravalis a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in thewellness industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
We thank you for your interest. Be well.
Miraval Berkshires offers:
Qualifications EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- World class resort
- Awarded Fortune's 100 best companies to work for
- Unlimited use of our fitness center, yoga classes, and lectures
- Competitive pay
- $1,000 reimbursement for tuition (after 3months)
- Employee discounts on all spa services and programming
- Discounted and comped rates at Hyatt Hotels
- Positions with flexible schedules
- One year certificate or higher from college or technical school preferred; 2 to 5 years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior teaching experience preferred.
- Must possess fluent use of the English language.
- Ability to effectively communicate with members of the media and relate the Miraval experience in an authentic and personal manner.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and operational procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior leadership, managers and co-workers, clients, guests, staff and the general public.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to evaluate data from a variety of sources to establish trends, recognize patterns and realize opportunities.
- Ability to think and reason strategically to establish goals and objectives on a regular basis.
- Ability to assess, recommend and act to maintain company standards and meet organizational expectations.
- Ability and sensitivity to customize and individualize responses to situations for each guest or staff member in alignment to the standards and values of Miraval Culinary and F&B Departments.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and walk up and down stairs and walk intermittently for short distances.
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull 50 pounds or more on a daily basis.
- Ability to reach with arms and hands and bend at the waist when necessary.
- Ability to use fine motor skills in manipulating knives in food preparation.