Job Description For Culinary | Sous Chef
Join us for an incredible opportunity to be a part of our Culinary Team as a Sous Chef! The Sous Chef will support " A Seattle Collection ", a multi-property cluster comprised of Grand Hyatt Seattle, Hyatt at Olive 8 and Hyatt Regency Seattle.
The Sous Chef will manage a specific area of the culinary team and work with the Executive Chefs and/or Executive Sous Chef to create, implement and maintain quality standards. In some instances, the Sous Chef will accomplish their tasks by monitoring the daily functions of the culinary department, including providing support and guidance to the team, ending in a positive guest experience.
- Support senior leadership by developing and assuming basic management responsibilities
- Assume the role of liaison between all departments within the culinary division and all other hotel departments
- Supervise the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Develop and implement creative menu items that adhere to Hyatt brand standards
- Plan, coordinate & implement special events and holiday functions
- Manage hourly kitchen employees through scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, evaluating and hiring
- May manage other key culinary leadership rolls including supervisor and other less senior Sous Chefs
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, and quality and consistency on a daily basis
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment
Benefits & Perks:
As a colleague, we have you covered with awesome benefits and perks! Some of those include:
- Medical & Vision insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Free Uniforms and Cleaning of your Uniform
- Paid Vacation, sick leave and 2 float days
- Paid Family Bonding Time
- Adoption Assistance
- Discounted parking
- Discounted Rooms at any participating Hyatt location starting on your first day of employment
- Up to 12 complimentary rooms at any participating Hyatt location after 1 year of service
- Free colleague meals during shift
When applying for a position working at a Hyatt hotel, you are pursuing an opportunity to join a culture built on caring and attentive colleagues who have a passion for providing efficient service and creating meaningful experiences. Our values are the guiding principles for our success, giving us the opportunity to open over 800 properties worldwide.
Hedreen Hotel Employer LLC is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.Qualifications
- In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- Possess strong leadership, communication, organization and relationship skills
- Experience with training, basic financial management and customer service
- Proficient in general computer knowledge
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced customer service environment
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
- Strong training and communication skills
- Culinary education and/or on the job training, hotel experience preferred
- Geographic and schedule flexibility preferred
Hyatt develops Sous Chefs to progress into the role of Executive Sous Chef through the training of Banquets, Restaurants and Garde Manager. Sous Chefs report directly to the Executive Sous Chef and/or Executive Chef.
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts believes in strong commitment to promotion from within. Begin your career today as the Sous Chef and find yourself as a Executive Sous Chef within a few years. 70% of management hired is from within Hyatt, 89% of Managing Committee is promoted from within. The statistics are there; make it your next step!
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in the culinary field. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.