Orange County, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Director of Commercial Services (Irvine)
Will report to: Hotel Area General Manager
As the Hyatt Regency Irvine emerges from a full hotel renovation and reimagination, the hotel is looking for a Director of Commercial Services to position it as a leader in the marketplace. The 541-room hotel with 36k square feet of meeting space is being transformed to capitalize on strong market drivers from leisure, business travel, and group and catering business. This leader will have the opportunity to engage with ownership and regional commercial services leaders to actively develop topline revenue strategies. Key to success will be an entrepreneurial mindset that allows the individual to promote and expand the hotel's commercial activity that ultimately leads to sustainable growth.
As a member of the property's Leadership Committee, the Director of Commercial Services is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. The Director of Commercial Services (DCS) has direct oversight of the hotel Sales, Revenue Management, Events, Marketing, Reservations, and other hotel top-line revenue functions. This position leads the collective teams to ensure the hotel is strategically focused to achieve company goals and to maximize hotel revenues.
Responsibilities include: creating and supporting sales and marketing strategies, revenue forecasting, development of both short-term and long-term business strategies, and training. The DCS has direct and indirect supervision of the following management level positions: sales, events, revenue, reservations, and marketing. The DCS provides guidance and support to sales, events, marketing, revenue, reservations, outlets, and spa teams to ensure appropriate strategies are in place to achieve the hotel's revenue goals. The DCS will help prepare accurate annual revenue budgets and monthly forecasts. The position will ensure all revenue generating departments fully participate in carrying out strategies to maximize revenues and increase market share. The DCS will be responsible for building effective cross-department relationships to create a cohesive and comprehensive revenue team. The position will help create the hotel-wide marketing plan and ensure marketing efforts are evaluated for their effectiveness in driving revenue.
The DCS reports to the General Manager of the hotel with oversight from the Regional Revenue Team: Sales, Revenue, Events, and Marketing
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Qualifications Qualifications Experience
- Develop the annual business plan and oversee execution of tactics.
- Sales and Marketing P&L management
- Revenue forecasting and development of both short-term and long-term business strategies
- Ensuring that accurate annual revenue budgets and monthly forecasts are produced which support revenue goals of the hotel and outgrow the competition.
- Training and supervision of: sales, events, revenue, marketing, and reservation departments.
- Assign responsibility and quantifiable goals to Director level reports and ensure performance aligns with hotel strategy.
- Yearly Quota setting
- Sales & events cross-over goals
- Manager/market revenue/lead generation goals
- Outlet revenue goals established
- Ensure the entire revenue team of the hotel fully participates in carrying out the strategies to ensure each revenue generating department of the hotel is successful.
- Build and foster relationships with managers in sales, events, revenue, reservations, and marketing to create an effective revenue team at the hotel.
- Oversee the production and execution of a marketing plan for the hotel and ensure marketing efforts are evaluated for their effectiveness in driving revenue.
- Act as the senior customer facing representative for all current and prospective clients, including, but not limited to site inspections and customer entertainment.
- Interface with ownership to highlight current performance and future positioning
- Develop tactics using sound revenue management and commercial strategy that increase ancillary (outlet, recreation, A/V, spa, etc.) revenues.
- 12+ years of hotel management experience or comparable industry
- 7+ years of experience in sales management
- 3+ years of experience in revenue management preferred
- 3+ years of experience in hotel marketing strategy
- 2+ years of experience managing multi-divisional teams
- Experience in re-opening hotels (or similar business) and leading sales, marketing,revenue efforts following renovation, asset re-positioning or post-pandemic
- Comfortable with sales and revenue systems/programs. Intermediate or expert skill level in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to the business environment and change tactics to achieve expected results
- Innovative thinker that will challenge business processes and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to bring people together to work as a team and ensure success
- Provide an environment in which team members can learn and grow
Additional Comments and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Hospitality or a related field preferred
- A hardworking, motivated leader who connects and collaborates easily with people
- Demonstrates a passion for our core business, is positive and trustworthy
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new processes to drive achievement
- Demonstrated change management capability
- Superb communication skills including effective listening and writing.
- Consistently exhibit high levels of discretion, integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proactive problem-solver
- Experience providing input on decisions that may broadly impact parts of the business.