Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Director
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Director of Food and Beverage
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. This position reports to the hotel General Manager.
The Director of Foodand Beverage is responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects of the Food and Beverage Operations including Banquets, Kitchen, Restaurants, In-Room Dining, Lounges, Stewarding, and any other Food or Beverage activities operated by Hyatt. As a member of theLeadership Committee, the Food and Beverage Director is a highly visible role.
Position Responsibilities/ Essential Functions includes but are not limited to:
- Responsible for daily operations and strategic planning for the Food and Beverage operations of the Hotel.
- Develops the annual budget, marketing plans and objectives and ensures that targets are achieved.
- Implement and maintain F&B sales/marketing programs
- Direct and oversee all Managers within the Food and Beverage Division.
- Responsible for the overall development of employees within the Food and Beverage Division.
- Ensure adequate training, coaching and performance management. Manages payroll, reports, forecasts, inventory and overall budget for food and beverage operations.
- Responsible for coordinating food and beverage operations with other departments within the hotel to ensure efficient guest service.
- Responsible for managing guest satisfaction, ensuring that all customer complaints are resolved.
- Monitors customer satisfaction Implement procedures to increase guest and colleague satisfaction.
- Controls all food and beverage standards, including preparation, food presentation and sanitation.
- Performs daily walk-through to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and Hyatt Corporate standards
Represents the Hotel as needed with suppliers and vendors.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.Qualifications
- A Degree in Hotel/Hospitality Management or similar relevant degree.
- 15 years or more of progressive hotel Food and Beverage experience. At least 5 of those years must be at a senior level within food and beverage. Prior experience within Hyatt would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- A strong orientation toward providing superior customer service is required.
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage a fast paced Food and Beverage operation within a similar type environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage budgets, food and beverage expenses and analyze complex financial data.
- Must have excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Experience implementing new F&B concepts would be considered an asset.
- Strong e written and verbal communication skills in English, fluency in a second language is an asset.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Experience with systems; Hotsos, Tableau, Colleague Advantage and Medallia will be an asset.
- The Food and Beverage Director will complete additional tasks and assignments as needed or requested by General Manager