New York City, United States
Job Role :
Director of Housekeeping
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Director of Housekeeping
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. This position reports to the hotel Rooms Director.
The Director of Housekeeping directs the daily operations of the Housekeeping Department. Responsibilities include training, management of tools and supplies, support to staff, and creating a safe work environment. The Director of Housekeeping implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which assists the housekeeping staff in achieving a high standard of cleanliness of the property and adhering to Hyatt Hotels safety standards.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the hotel's Housekeeping operations
- Develop and recommend the budget, labor cost plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Solid understanding of housekeeping and laundry supplies and pars
- Teach employees importance of, and how to greet guests and courteously solve guest requests
- See that inspection program is consistently maintained
- Assure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed
- Work closely with all other Departments
- Inspect some rooms daily
- Experience purchasing linens and housekeeping and minibar supplies
- Current on latest housekeeping, minibarand laundry technology
- Work closely with vendors to assure proper pricing, delivery, and maintenance
- Experience teaching, supervising, and mentoring multilingual and multicultural staff
- Ensure OSHA and ADA policies are adhered to
- Experience with turndown service, special needs of VIP Guests, foreign dignitaries, etc. helpful
- Insures proper staffing levels for customer service goals
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
The Beekman, a Thompson Hotel is managed by Hyatt Hotels Corporation. Hyatt cares for their employees, so that they can be their best. Employees at Hyatt receive top tier benefits, which include: paid time off, hotel discounts, competitive insurance packages, company matched retirement savings plans, life insurance, and the opportunity to take your career around the world!
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Must be fully vaccinated in accordance with NYC vaccine mandate.Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- 4 years or more of progressive hotel Rooms Management experience in an union environment (typically with Hyatt).
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills