Job Description For Director of Human Resources
As a member of the Human Resources organization, he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist knowledge and expertise for a designated property. He/she will be accountable for talent acquisition, succession/workforce planning, performance management and development for property employees, using technology efficiently, and coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives in the most efficient manner. He/she generally works with considerable independence, developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives.
- Managing the Human Resources Strategy.
- Executes and follows up on engagement survey-related activities.
- Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and region diversity strategy.
- Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies, plans, and actions
- Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property.
- Coordinates the talent review process at property(s) and leads succession planning activities on property and in the market, as appropriate.
- Leads the assessment of property(s) leadership pipeline through the talent review process and assists with follow-up.
- Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance outcomes or control cost.
- Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning
- Responsible for Human Resources strategy and execution.
- Serves as a key change manager for initiatives that have high employee impact.
- Attends owner's meetings as a member of the property executive committee and provides meaning or context to the Human Resources results (e.g., retention statistics, critical open positions, employee satisfaction, and training initiatives and results); and demonstrates an understanding of owner priorities.).
- Supervises one or more on-property Human Resources, as well as market-based Human Resources Specialist type resources where appropriate.
- Managing Staffing and Recruitment Process.
- Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
- Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing process.
- Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
- Makes staffing decisions to manage the talent cadre and pipeline at the property.
- Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating to hiring practices; consults with the hiring manager on compensation, benefits, etc.
- Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
- Ensures managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
- Managing Employee Compensation Strategy.
- Remains current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments.
- Leads the planning of the hourly employee total compensation strategy.
- Champions the communication and proper use of total compensation systems, tools, programs, policies, etc.
- Participates in quarterly internal equity analysis; reviews internal equity reports and surface issues needing resolution.
- Creates and implements total compensation management packages/offers, particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property priorities.
- Managing Staff Development Activities.
- Conducts needs analysis, develop, implement, and monitor training programs and materials.
- Supports operational efforts through proper staffing and training of associates.
- Provides guidance on matters of performance management, coaching and counseling.
- Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties' Human Resources staff members, as outlined in the applicable job description(s).
- Ensures property Human Resources staff is properly trained in all employee-related human resource information to appropriately respond to property employees.
- Serves as a resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations questions and issues.
- Continually reinforces positive employee relations concepts.
When you stay at a Thompson Hotel,you arewelcomed as a resident. With intuitive service, each guest is provided a tailored experience, enhancing their personal travel journey andbridging connections to the local perspective. Thompson's unique hotels are timeless destinations, creating distinctive experiences that transform your day, your trip, or even yourlife. Thompson Austin offers 212 luxury guestrooms and Suites plus 17 residences along with a 10,000 square foot wellness center, 3 restaurant + bar concepts by Land & SeaDepartment which are also open to the public, an expansive pool deck and private cabanas and over 10,000 square feet of flexible and traditional event space.
The 193 king room tommie Austin is built for the spirited adventurer. Guest's will be encouraged to explore Austin's unparalleled offerings andin every square foot, tommie is anopportunity to meet and be inspired. Where art and atmosphere seep in from the surrounding neighborhood, and collaborations seep back out. tommie will feature a bespoke coffeeand wine shop and allow guests to be the master of their own stay while still offering warm and authentic service.
Both hotels are anchored on the ground floor by The Diner Bar + The Grey Market, a street side concept serving daily fare for locals, residents and guests alike and helmed by awardwinning ChefMashamaBailey. This mixed use project will also feature a residential tower - Siena - and 10,000 square feet of retail space. The benefits & perks
We have you covered with an awesome rewards package! Health and welfare plans? We have a range of choices for you and your eligible dependents. Financial wellbeing? Got it!Opt into our 401(k) plan, College Saving Plan or the Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Oh, and wedon'twant to leave out our lifestyle benefits! Paid time off including vacation, holidaysand sick leave, paid Family Bonding Time, Adoption Assistance, discounted and complimentary rooms at Hyatt locations across the globe, free colleague meals during shifts, wellbeing& educational assistance and many more! About the hiring process
We arestoked thatyou havechosen to express interest in joining our family.We willbe sure to take a look at your application and get back to you within the next two weeks. Thankyou for your patience while we do so.