Our foundation in family goes back to 1957, when entrepreneur Jay Pritzker purchased the original Hyatt House motel. Pritzker and his brother, Donald, worked to grow the Hyatt brand, powered by their belief in the importance of family and care. As of March 31, 2020, Hyatt is a global hospitality company with 20 premier brands and more than 900 hotel, all-inclusive, and wellness resort properties in over 65 countries across six continents.With more than 127,000 colleagues across 65 countries, we embrace all cultures, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, ages, abilities, perspectives, and ways of thinking. Our culture is one that empowers every individual to be his or her best, and such authentic connection inspires the way we care for each other and for our guests.Be a part of something bigger. Enjoy life every day. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a company that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity, and fun. With careers spanning the globe, your perfect opportunity awaits. Discover why Hyatt is consistently ranked one of the world’s best places to work.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : General Management
Location : Mexico City/Mexico
Level : Director
Posted : 14 May 2022
Job Role : Rooms Division Manager
Recruiter : Hyatt Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ41392
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-11
Salary Range (monthly): USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
This position reports directly to the General Manager in day-to-day operations. You will be responsible for the continuous and efficient management of the hotel's in-room Guest Services operations while delivering Andaz Condesa branded experiences and standards. Meeting and exceeding individual guest expectations and creating an environment that delivers exceptional employee experiences. You will function as the Business Manager for the Rooms Division, specifically Front Desk, Concierge, Guest Services, Telephones, Athletic Club, Business Center and Security. His role is to ensure that all departments operate successfully; according to the hotel's standards and that they are individually profitable and successful. Responsibilities may also include talent selection, training, employee development and scheduling.
- Will verify that the activities carried out by the Guest Service area, correspond to those established in the Corporate Strategy and implement actions when required.
- Supervise the preparation and individual updating of the Departmental Operating Manuals.
- Lead area communication meetings and ensure that departmental meetings and briefings are effective.
- Promote interdepartmental communication (meetings, briefings, etc).
- Approve payroll for different departments.
- Sign necessary documentation for MOR.
- Maintain a binder with all updated legal documentation in case of an inspection.
- Keep the Policies and Procedures of the different departments updated and generate additional ones according to the need of the hotel.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements established by PROFECO and Civil Protection.
- Maximize employee productivity through multi-skills, multi-tasking and flexible schedules to meet the financial goals of the business as well as guest expectations.
- Ensure that each guest service area is operated with the objective of maximizing productivity, and following brand standards.
- He/she will ensure that each department operates at the lowest possible cost, taking care to provide a service, and exceeding guest expectations.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Annual Plan (Business Plan) of the departments in charge.
- Strategically analyze business performance to facilitate the accuracy of the business forecast, involving respectively the Department Heads.
- Proactively manage costs based on performance indicators, working through the Department Heads.
- Will ensure that Hotel, company, and local rules, policies, and regulations related to financial record keeping, cash handling, and licensing are respected, including the timing and accurate reporting of financial information.
- You will support the inventory management and maintenance of Hotel equipment and other assets.