Our foundation in family goes back to 1957, when entrepreneur Jay Pritzker purchased the original Hyatt House motel. Pritzker and his brother, Donald, worked to grow the Hyatt brand, powered by their belief in the importance of family and care. As of March 31, 2020, Hyatt is a global hospitality company with 20 premier brands and more than 900 hotel, all-inclusive, and wellness resort properties in over 65 countries across six continents.With more than 127,000 colleagues across 65 countries, we embrace all cultures, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, ages, abilities, perspectives, and ways of thinking. Our culture is one that empowers every individual to be his or her best, and such authentic connection inspires the way we care for each other and for our guests.Be a part of something bigger. Enjoy life every day. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a company that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity, and fun. With careers spanning the globe, your perfect opportunity awaits. Discover why Hyatt is consistently ranked one of the world’s best places to work.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : General Management
Location : Shanghai, China
Level : Director
Posted : 29 Apr 2022
Job Role : Director of Marketing and Sales
Recruiter : Hyatt Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ91596
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-07-23
Salary Range (monthly): USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Director of Sales &Marketing Operations, Greater China, is responsible for all Select Service hotels in Greater China's total revenue generation, brand integrity and clarity. The position strategically coordinates the detailed planning and execution of the hotels' S&M Team and the ASPAC Commercial Services team in order to maximize Brand Value, Revenue per available Room, grow market share and create loyalty and advocacy for our brands.
• Senior leader ensuring the company's higher purpose based on Care remains the guiding light for all activities.
• Identify and understand the objectives, issues and opportunities faced by the sub-region and develop strategy to meet strategic priority goals, seize opportunities, overcome challenges.
• Prioritize activities that will create maximum impact on brand value, management fees, hotel profitability and consumer, associate and owner engagement and satisfaction.
• Ensure sub-regional S&M strategy is aligned with the overall company strategic priorities
• Coordinate and guide the preparation of the function's budget.
• Ensure that the Area and Hotels are equipped with strong and adequate sales, revenue and marketing resources, strategies, training and tools to maximise efficiency and productivity and achieve rate, occupancy, revenue and brand goals.
• Provide proactive sales, digital, marketing, revenue management, pricing and distribution support to new and transition hotels to aid speedy ramp up
• Support existing hotels directly or through Area teams when performance rectification is required.
• Ensure the smooth transition and implementation of new tools.
• Support for brand and marketing initiatives roll out through the sub-region.
• Assist Feasibility and Development with Sales and Marketing data / info for new properties and acquisitions within the sub-region
• Accountable for the achievement of sub-region's hotels' revenue targets, in particular, Rooms and Events and ensure prioritized hotels meet/exceed revenue targets each year.
• Implement a process to proactively assess and diagnose distressed hotels within the region and work with counterparts to improve performance
• Provide strategic guidance to hotels in addressing any foreseeable shortfall on a timely basis
• Responsible for developing strategies to segment, target and attract the most profitable Rooms and Events business together with Hyatt Sales Force and hotel sales teams
• Support the implementation of sales and marketing training programs and tools for Hotel Director of Sales & Marketing, and their key team members to drive awareness and business, improve performance and raise the level of sales expertise within the region.
• Support the development of a performance driven IC program for the region
• Support hotels recruit, develop and retain key S&M talent
• Support Envision sales system utilization in the region with support from IT and Corporate
• Responsible for and continuously improve the process to support new hotel openings within the region and work with counterparts to ensure and improve ramp up performance
• Support the Archer process in the region
• Responsible for the achievement of RevPAR and RGI performance targets in the region, and provide strategic guidance to Hotels in the execution of strategies as required
• Guide areas and hotels on relevant pricing strategies and rate parity for Rooms
• Support pricing for Events and F&B when needed
• Guide areas and hotels in optimizing forecasting accuracy
• Provide guidance to maximize performance in any regional or area promotions, special offers, and other revenue management programs
• Support Revenue training initiatives
• Partner with internal resources to understand and support the technical aspects of the interfaces required between RMS (Prio) and all Hyatt Property Management Systems. Maintain a working knowledge of the performance of the system.
• Strengthen and understand the distribution channel mix, trends and landscape in the region in order to build strategy that will drive business to proprietary and the most relevant, cost effective channels.
PRE-OPENING AND TRANSITIONS
• Collaborates with the Director of S&M Openings and Transitions as follows:
• Oversee and provide sales, marketing and revenue strategy and support to facilitate smooth opening for both new and takeover hotels following the preopening check-list.
• Ensure SMR organization and activities align with the strategy.
• Support hotels with crafting their Story, Value Proposition and "Story Telling" implementation
• Ensure the splash page and websites are built in a timely manner with compelling content
• Oversee the planning and development of promotional strategies, marketing plans to create awareness, which ultimately stimulates demand for hotel revenue and market share.
• Support pre-opening pricing strategies for Rooms, Events and F&B to ensure effective ramp
• Strengthen and understand the distribution channel mix, trends and landscape in the region in order to build short- and long-term strategy that will drive business to proprietary and the most relevant, cost effective channels while maintaining rate parity.
• Ensure appropriate sales, marketing, revenue, Systems and World of the Hyatt training/induction to the hotel pre-opening team
• Primary responsibility is as a senior leader of the sub-region with specialized S&M expertise
• Play an integral role in the overall achievements of the sub-region's diverse objectives, staying focused on the strategic priorities.
• Demonstrate behaviours consistent with Hyatt's Higher Purpose of Care and Hyatt's Core Values of Care, Integrity, Humility, Creativity and Fun.
• Is a role model for Hyatt's Leadership Profile
• Create success for and through others. Take responsibility for growing the next generation of leaders.
• Always listen and learn. Provide expertise to others to enhance their skills and abilities. Take pride in developing others.
• Demonstrate agility in the face of continuous change and in dynamic environments. Encourage individuals to take risks, experiment, and learn from failure. Stay relevant in the market place to fulfil the organisation's goals and purpose.
• Prioritise what is best for the business. Bring others together to achieve common goals. Be strategic and future oriented. Make sense out of complexity by simplifying. Make quick decisions based on sound judgement.
• Effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds and foster understanding.
• Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values (included in all job descriptions).
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary (included in all job descriptions).
• Written and spoken proficiency in Simplified Chinese, Mandarin and English is required
• 15+ years of sales and marketing experience, former DoSM experience is a must
• Interaction with and understanding of diverse cultures
• Proven track record of leading successful teams and achieving designated goals and objectives
• Proven track record of developing and nurturing colleagues
• Successful engagement with corporate and hotel teams, owners and their representatives
• Business planning, budgeting and oversight
• BS required preferabley in Hotel Management, Business Adminstrations, Marketing and / or Revenue
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Project management software
• Layon or equivalent systems
• Knowledge of CRS, e.g. Delphi or equivalent
Additional Comments and Requirements
• Ability to travel extensively
• Hands on approach