Job Role :
Director of Marketing and Sales
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Director of Sales & Marketing
Hyatt Centric Melbourne is the Centric brand's first hotel in Australia. Hyatt Centric, a brand of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, is centrally located in the heart of the action, serving the perfect spot so you can explore your destination's hot spots, hidden gems, and local sounds.
With 277rooms in the exciting area of Melbourne CBD, Hyatt Centric Melbourne celebrates all things Melbourne. Our purpose is to connect guests to the heart of the action; Hyatt Centric is thoughtfully designed to enable exploration and discovery so they never miss a moment of adventure.
A passionately engaged team is there to provide local expertise on the best food, nightlife and activities the destination has to offer.
For more information, please visithyattcentric.com. Follow @HyattCentricMelbourne instagram, and tag photos with #HyattCentricMelbourne.
As the Director of Sales and Marketing, you will be passionate and focused on positioning the hotel in the local marketplace though executing strategies and connections. You will identify new growth opportunities, innovative ideas and strategic actions to maximize corporate and MICE market share.
Leading a team of five, you will provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to the Sales & Marketing team to ensure the team are able to optimize their potential.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will assist in supervising and managing the day-to-day operations of Sales and Marketing, as well as supporting the hotel to achieve our purpose; we are for people so they can be their best.
We are looking for a Sales & Marketing professional who is curious minded, energetic, passionate, is connected to the latest and newest offerings in Melbourne, and someone who loves researching to find new opportunities. If this sounds like you we want to hear from you!
Qualifications About you:
- Manage integrated marketing communications, including hotel advertising, promotions, collateral, and e-marketing
- To constantly monitor and evaluate local, national and international market trends
- Oversee all sakes strategies, tactics, and action implementations
- Conduct regular divisional communications meetings
- Coordinate all marketing activities and communicate these throughout the hotel
- Implementing effective training programs for divisional employees (With Human Resources Assistance)
- Encourage employees to be creative, innovative and challenged
- Coordinate preparation of the Annual Business Plan
- Proactively manage all the marketing resources, funds and costs
- Ensure that all employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest services at all time
- 5 years' experience within a 4-5 star hotel sales environment.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively motivate, lead, train, guide and direct team members
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, relationship management and networking abilities.
- A proven track record in achieving targets and yield management.
- A collaborative and motivating leader of others with a strategic and analytical focus.
- Self-motivated, driven and energized in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to think strategically in order to drive new business in line with the company's direction
- Armed with smart solutions and a can-do attitude.
- Australian residency required.
Hyatt Centric employees enjoy, but are not limited to;
- Flexible work; attire, hours, leave and location.
- Free barista coffee daily
- Free on-site car parking
- In house training programs and initiatives.
- Complementary access to the Hotel facilities such as; Gym & Pool
- Investment in your career development through training, opportunities and mentorship.
- Discounted and complimentary accommodation across Hyatt Hotels worldwide.
- Complimentary laundry.
A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World's Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.hyattcentricmelbourne.com and @hyattcentricmelbourne
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply throughwww.hyatt.jobs