Our foundation in family goes back to 1957, when entrepreneur Jay Pritzker purchased the original Hyatt House motel. Pritzker and his brother, Donald, worked to grow the Hyatt brand, powered by their belief in the importance of family and care. As of March 31, 2020, Hyatt is a global hospitality company with 20 premier brands and more than 900 hotel, all-inclusive, and wellness resort properties in over 65 countries across six continents.With more than 127,000 colleagues across 65 countries, we embrace all cultures, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, ages, abilities, perspectives, and ways of thinking. Our culture is one that empowers every individual to be his or her best, and such authentic connection inspires the way we care for each other and for our guests.Be a part of something bigger. Enjoy life every day. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a company that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity, and fun. With careers spanning the globe, your perfect opportunity awaits. Discover why Hyatt is consistently ranked one of the world’s best places to work.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Food and Beverage Service
Location : New Orleans/United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 13 May 2022
Job Role : Concierge
Recruiter : Hyatt Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ81614
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-10
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Join us for this incredible opportunity to be part of our Eventsteam as an Event Coordinator at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans.Not only will you be part of a rock-start team, but you'll get to be part of a company that earned the 16th spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021 and named one of New Orleans Best Places to work 9 years running!
The Event Concierge program has been created to not only meet, but more importantly exceed the expectations of the meeting planners and guests. The Event Concierge is responsible for double-checking all function rooms prior to start time to ensure total satisfaction with facilities and equipment per the client's specifications. The idea of the Event Concierge is to have someone constantly on the floor and at the complete disposal of the client. The Event Concierge can be reached via the 2-way radio on F/B channel. They should respond to any request within 5 minutes and resolve the request within 15 minutes. The Event Concierge is the liaison between the hotel and the meeting planner. They will handle everything from tracking boxes, getting scissors or a doorstop, to bringing the meeting planner their first cup of coffee in the morning.
The Event Concierge monitors the planner's personal and practical needs throughout their stay, solving possible pitfalls and seeing opportunities before they occur.
Event Concierge Job Specifications:
• Perform Meeting Room Inspections
• Constantly Monitor Customer Personal and Practical Needs, making sure that they are satisfied throughout the entire day.
• Immediate Response is Key (Respond within 5 minutes, resolve with 15 minutes)
• Provide added services to repeat customers who may have hinted to something previously.
• Engineering/maintenance walkthroughs
• Cleanliness walkthroughs
• Provide feedback to other departments involved in planning and organizing the function
• Meet and Greet Site inspections when possible
• Attend Pre-Convention and Tie-Down Meetings
• Confirm that VIP rooms are set accordingly
• Monitor and assist with directing traffic (during busy times) and elevator turns
• Locate boxes and retrieve them when appropriate
• Monitor trashcan levels in meeting rooms and staff offices.
• If handwritten sign is placed, go to business center and have them remake a typed sign.
• Service Recovery (turn a negative experience into a positive experience before the guest departs the hotel)
• Constant contact and communication with the guest
• Special projects when scheduling allows
• Anticipate the customer's need before it actually becomes one!
• Cleanliness/organization of the back hallways
• Learning the group program in detail
• Greet every guest with a smile
• Use the guest's name at every opportunity
• Provide quick and efficient service
• Offer assistance and provide options
• Thank the guest and invite them back
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in restaurant server jobs: Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Our excellent benefits include:
• Free room nights, Discounted and Friends & Family Room Rates
• Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 401K with company match
• Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, new child leave and personal day
• Paid Family Bonding Time and Adoption Assistance
• Free colleague meals during shift
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Discounts at various retailers - Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Headspace and many more
COVID-19 Safety: Hyatt Hotels follows all COVID-19 CDC and US] Health department protocols for the safety of our employees and guests.
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.