Food and Beverage Service
Olympic Valley, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For EVENT PLANNING MANAGER
A luxury California resort in an idyllic mountain setting, Resort at Squaw Creek rests at the base of Squaw Valley, which is the site of the 1960 Winter Olympics, and is just minutes from North Lake Tahoe.
Our AAA Four-Diamond resort offers ski-in/ski-out access to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. Squaw Creek's dramatic lobby, with its floor-to-ceiling windows, overlooks a cascading waterfall and the breathtaking Sierra Nevada Mountains. 405 luxurious resort rooms and suites , complete with resort-style kitchenettes, fireplaces and LED flat-screen TVs, comfort guests with a "mountain meets modern" ambiance at our resort in Squaw Creek.
The Event Planning Manager is responsible for upselling and servicing events. This position acts as the liaison between meeting planners and hotel colleagues. Responsibilities include administering sale agreements, detailing all food, beverage and audio-visual needs, managing room blocks, billing instructions and final review. Event Planning Managers facilitate communication with pertinent hotel team members before, during and post events to ensure a high level of service. They are also the on-site contacts and are responsible for the smooth execution of all events.
The Event Planning Manager host hotel tours, maintain strong customer relationships, participate and lead event meetings including pre-conference introductions to the onsite Banquet and Audio-Visual teams, as well as post conference meetings to share learnings with department heads.
Role specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting in person and virtual site inspections.
- Maintaining well organized documentation and reports in Hyatt systems.
- Ability to work as a team member with the sales and events staff and other support staff is a priority.
- Plan, arrange, organize, and execute events while meeting or exceeding client/customer expectations.
- Prioritize tasks and independently manage workflow based on appropriate needs and demands and the department's policy and procedures.
- Clearly communicate policies, procedures and services offered by the hotel with clients/customers.
- Coordinate and communicate event logistics (responsibilities, timelines, etc.) with other departments in order to meet or exceed client/customer expectations, through Hyatt's property management software.
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of customer service issues or concerns.
- Manage work schedule to strategically be on-site during critical event times (greetings, breaks, etc.), as needed.
- Reconcile final invoices with Finance Department, and client/customer.
- Additional duties as determined by Director of Events.
- Attend EO/Resume meetings, Sales/Event Planning team meetings, Sales/marketing meetings as requested.
- Prepare and be prepared to lead Weekly Group Resume meetings or Daily Standup meeting
- Meet or exceed annual goals.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you. This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch. Qualifications
Why to work at Resort at Squaw Creek?
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates should be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Prefer a four-year hospitality degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years of hotel event sales/event planning or comparable experience preferred
- Preferred candidate has completed PSS or equivalent training
- Flexible schedule, willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- 50% discounted meals at property food service areas
- 12 Free Room Nights at any Hyatt Globally
- Medical Dental and Vision Insurance after 30 days!
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
- Opportunities to work around the world with Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
- Discounted Ski Pass
- Free Golf
- Enjoy vending meal set-up in our colleague dining hall
Our Vales: Respect Integrity Empathy Humility Creativity Fun
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.