Food and Beverage Service
Portland, United States
Job Role :
Asst. Sales Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Event Sales Manager
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive colleagueswho are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.Our colleagues select us because we provide amazing opportunities, growth and development, a caring and inclusive culture, and fantastic benefits like:
- Daily Complimentary meal in our employee dining room
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, life insurance, and short term disability eligibility upon 30th day of employment!
- Retirement savings plans with employer contributions
- Discounted & complimentary lodging accommodations at Hyatt worldwide
- Discounted Tri-Met passes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent training and professional development
- Opportunities to work around the world with Hyatt Hotels and Resortsand so much more!
It's time to elevate your career in Event Planning & Sales, and join the Hyatt Regency Portland team! Just steps away from the Oregon Convention Center, the Hyatt Regency Portland at the Oregon Convention Center offers an experience like nowhere else. As the largest hotel in Oregon, we welcome groups of all sizes and passions! You will have an opportunity to take your expertise and enthusiasm for events, and turn ideas into reality! At your fingertips, you will have 20 customizable event venues offering over 39,000 square feet of event space. Whether a small boardroom gathering or events up to 1,200 guests, you'll be able to build your experience in a gorgeous environment you'll be proud to call home.
The Event Sales Manager is responsible for building and maintaining long term relationships within the Portland market, selling and planning large local and social events. Primary sales efforts are in Banquet Food and Beverage. This position will host hotel tours, support menu planning and tastings, review and execute contracts, and facilitate communication before, during and post event with pertinent hotel staff to ensure a high level of service.
The Event Sales Manager participatesin and supportsinitiatives within the Sales and Events team. The manager also works closely with Sales & Events Coordinators and other hotel support staff. Requirements
- Respond to incoming event opportunities including e-mails, walk-ins, phone calls and wedding website inquiries
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
- Execute contracts andBEO's and ensure timeliness of final payments and deposits
- Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Work directly with clients, gathering necessary information for menu planning, floor plans, room set-up, timeliness, rental orders,décor, cost, and billing details and any other requirements pertinent to their event in a timely manner and assist with those items as necessary.
- Interact effectively with all departments within the hotel to ensure guest satisfaction and a positive work environment
- Must be available to provide on-site support to the Meeting Planners and Operations teams as needed, including functions that occur in the evenings, weekends, and holidays
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge and be able to learn new computer and web-based applications
- Candidates should be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Previous social catering sales experience, with background in selling and executing a plus
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to preserve confidentiality, and be able to work in a team environment
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.