Food and Beverage Service
Job Role :
Asst. Sales Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Event Sales Manager
Located adjacent to Darling Harbour in Sydney's Central Business District (CBD), Hyatt Regency Sydney is a haven of relaxation for the business or leisure traveller. As Sydney's largest premium hotel, Hyatt Regency Sydney boasts 888 guestrooms, multiple dining experiences and event spaces. The hotel offers more than 3,700 sq m of sleek meeting and event space in the heart of the city featuring two spacious ballrooms with views of Darling Harbour and 21 additional meeting rooms.
As the Events Sales Manager, you will be assisting in the supervision of the Event Sales & Planning Department to ensure that all events are delivered by the team in an honest, uncomplicated manner.
The Event Sales Manager will assist in achieving all financial and service objectives of the department.
To be Successful
- Acquisition and retention of business
- Manage sales performance
- Building and maintaining client relations
- Manage the day to day administration of events including sending out proposals, preparation of Banquet Event Orders and final accounts.
- Responsible for revenue forecasting of events in line with department budget objectives.
- Oversee all event sales activities, execute strategy and manage the event.
- Arrange and conduct site inspections with potential clients during the working week and also on weekends when required.
- To be proactive in communicating with the Banquets, F&B and Revenue team.
- Communicate any comments relevant to events to departments concerned to improve addressed shortfalls, if any, within the operation.
Benefits of Working with Hyatt
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role within the hotel or events industry is essential
- Experience with the planning and execution of events
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to solve problems independently
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings
With enriching work comes amazing rewards! Just some of our associate benefits include:
- Complimentary accommodation at Hyatt properties worldwide for employees (conditions apply)
- Complimentary laundry service for workwear
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Discounted accommodation rates for employees as well as friends and family
- Discounted city car parking