Job Description For Executive Chef
Park Hyatt Saigon is the French mansion by the Opera House, a sanctuary of peace in the middle of one of Asia's most bustling cities.
Amongs 16 awards in the past 4 years, these marvellous achievements are inspiring, acting as beacons of resilience and hospitality for both guests and our local communities:
2021 Best 500 Hotels in the World, Travel and Leisure
2020 Best Hotel Makeovers in Asia, Best of the Decade Awards, Smart Travel Asia
2019 The Top 100 Hotels in the World, Travel and Leisure
2019 The 10 Best City Hotels in Asia, Travel and Leisure
Our strategy is to make a difference in the lives of all those we touch - colleagues, guests, operators, community members and shareholders alike.
We care for people so they can be their best. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun. At Park Hyatt Saigon our aim is to create energizing experiences that connect our guests to who and what matters to them most. We are passionate about fostering connections, the place for any and every occasion and a one-stop experience.
We will continue to enhance the quality of the products craftsmanship with the willingness to create objectively a world 'finest product' and promise exceptional quality , continue creating and enhancing the hotel to ensure Park Hyatt Saigon can carry out its future vision is to become a landmark, one of the world's legendary great hotels.
In order to achieve this grand mission, it's greatly thanks to our talents who are experienced, well trained, and deeply focused on the hotel's future goals and position.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced position Executive Chef to join Park Hyatt Saigon to join and continue with us in our significant journey.
- Prepares, develops and update of Department Operations Manual, Budget and Business plan; ensures annual review to accurately reflect any changes.
- Ensures accurate maintenance of recipes, conversion recipes, yield tables and product specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Corporate, Regional, hotel and governmental reports are compiled accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
- Conducts regular effective communications and departmental meetings.
- Provides exceptional services to guests and internal customers in other department at all time to maintain positive interactions with good working relationships.
- Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Spends time in the outlets (during peak periods) to ensure that the outlet is managed well by the respective Outlet team and functions to the fullest expectations.
- Positively making enhancements and corrections where needed to improve service and product delivery.
- Exercises efficient Payroll Management/Resource allocation through the establishment of a flexible workforce throughout the Division. This will be based on the principles of a flexible associate base (Full Time and Part Time associates), multi-skilling and multi-taking.
- Focuses attention on improving productivity levels managing food/payroll, ensures new technology and equipment are embraced.
- Establishes a well-organized food store, maintaining close control on the consumption of food, stores and inventory control.
- Strategically analyses business performance to facilitate accurate and meaningful forecasting, proactively manages costs based on key performance indicators.
- Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to.
- Assists in the inventory management and maintenance of hotel operating equipment and assets, supporting the smooth operation of Materials Management and Cost Audit functions.
- Prepares, utilizes and updates an Annual Marketing Plan, broken down as necessary by department.
- Constantly evaluates local, national and international market trends, vendors and other hotel/restaurant operations to make sure that the hotel's own operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
- Encourages Department Heads to look for Marketing and Public Relations opportunities to increase awareness and ultimately business.
- Reviews menus, analyses recipes, determines food quality, labor, productivity levels, overhead costs and assigns suitable prices to menu items to ensure profitability.
- Directs food apportionment policy to control costs.
- Introduces and tests the market with new relevant products which are market-orientated in terms of price and product and are image enhancing.
- Supervises Chefs and Kitchen personnel coordinating their assignments and rostering appropriately to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Observes the planning of menus and utilization of food surpluses, methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Devises special dishes and develops innovative recipes.
- Establishes and enforces nutrition and sanitation standards for all restaurants.
- Encourages feedback from the Director of Food and Beverage and together, are creative and support marketing and upselling activities.
- Encourage creativity among the Outlet Teams.
- Works with the Materials Manager in the procurement of the best product for the best price and with the Stewarding Manager to ensure that hygiene standards are maintained.
- Assists in the recruitment of departmental associates, oversees the punctuality and appearance of the relevant kitchen associates.
- Delegates appropriately, duties and responsibilities to equipped and resourced associates, nurturing and developing them whilst ensuring standards of operation and safety are maintained.
- Ensures effective training program for associates in coordination with the Learning Manager and their Departmental Trainers.
- Monitors and provides feedback concerning associate morale and provides mechanisms for performance feedback and development.
- Conducts annual Performance Development Discussions with Department Heads and supports them in their professional development goals.
- Encourages associates to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognizing them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- Ensures that associates follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
- Provides feedback on the results of the Associate Experience Survey and ensuring that the relevant changes are implemented.
We can offer you
- Represents Food and Beverage and Culinary Operations on the Hotel Leadership Committee, ensures the efficient and economic operation of the Food Production Division providing services and support to other Divisions as required, maintaining equipment in optimum condition.
- Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in associate and industrial relations
- Understanding and strictly adhering to rules and regulations established in the Associate handbook and the hotels policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety
- Take an active involvement in the Welfare, Safety, Development and wellbeing of associates providing advice, counselling and truthful, diplomatic feedback.
- Maintains strong, professional relationship with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
- Attends training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Hyatt is a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. We could bring you the followings: For expat:
International, professional and friendly 5-star working environment
International insurance package
Live out allowance
Complimentary accommodation at selected Hyatt properties worldwide
Learning and development opportunities
Discount 50% for F&B service at our restaurants
2 complimentary meals per working shift at Associate Canteen
Associates Social Space - THE HOME with workout machines, coffee corner, relaxation area, game corner
(Designed by colleagues for colleagues)Qualifications
- A minimum of 3-5yrs at Executive Sous Chef (or higher) in a 5* hotel
- Had previous experiences in same position preferably
- Problem solving mind set
- Great operational, administrative, interpersonal and leadership skills skills
- Good organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills