Job Description For Executive Sous Chef
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences to each every guest.Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Our Hyatt Culture is represented by our mission, values, and goals through: Innovative, Respect, Service-Oriented and Inclusion. Innovative, Hyatt is forward thinking and passionate as we seek new ways to advance in the hospitality industry. Respect, Hyatt associates are inspired by the team's spirit and camaraderie given to one another. Service-Oriented, Hyatt is customer focused by providing authentic hospitality in every way every time. Diversity and Inclusion, Diversity is an integral part of who we are and what we represent.
The goal of the Executive Sous Chef is to work directly with the Sous Chef to maintain and improve the culinary operations. The ideal Executive Sous Chef will accomplish this by monitoring the daily functions of the culinary department, including providing support and guidance to the culinary team, ending in a positive guest experience.
- Support senior leadership by developing and assuming key management responsibilities
- Assume the role of liaison between all departments within the culinary division and all other hotel departments
- Supervise departmental Sous Chefs performance and provide them council as to the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Develop and implement creative menu items that adhere to Hyatt brand standards
- Plan, coordinate & implement special events and holiday functions
- Manage hourly kitchen employees through scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, evaluating and hiring
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, and quality and consistency on a daily basis ensuring financial performance and control
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- Organize and facilitate departmental meetings, training and goals setting
We offer excellent benefits:
- Free room nights. Discounted and Friends & Family Room rates
- Medical, prescription, Dental and Vision insurance after 30 days
- 401K with company match
- Paid Vacation, sick days, new child leave and holidays
- Paid Family Bonding Time and Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free colleague meals during shift
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Discounts at various retailers - Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Headspace and many more
- Free parking
- Work from home program
Hyatt Hotels follows all COVID-19 CDC and United States Health Department protocols for the safety of our colleagues and guests.
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.Qualifications
- In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- Possess strong leadership, communication, organization and relationship skills
- Experience with training, financial management and customer service
- Proficient in general computer knowledge
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced customer service environment
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
- Culinary education and/or appropriate level of on the job training and hotel culinary experience
- Geographic and schedule flexibility preferred
Hyatt develops Executive Sous Chefs to progress into the role of Executive Chef through the training of Banquets, Restaurants and Garde Manger. Executive Sous Chefs report directly to the Executive Chef.
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts believes in strong commitment to promotion from within. Begin your career today as the Executive Sous Chef and find yourself as the Executive Chef within a few years. 70% of management hired is from within Hyatt, 89% of Managing Committee is promoted from within. The statistics are there; make it your next step!
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in the culinary field. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.