Food and Beverage Service
Big Sur, United States
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Waiter
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For F&B Server Assistant, Host & Food Runner- Part Time
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Utility ishighly visiblerole gives the individual theopportunity for casual conversation with the guest. The Utility will play a crutial role in the restaurant operations as they will be the heart of operations we need an individual with a can do attitude with the ability tobus, serveand host/hostess.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, and think clearly while providing service to 25 guests at any given time.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Endure various physical throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending, climbing, and stooping.
- Ability to stand and/or walk continuously throughout the shift to perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to grasp, load, and carry trays.
- Ability to endure repetitive motions for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain good coordination while serving orders quickly.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 50 lbs.; and lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, and boxes.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up, and dress code of the restaurant.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures
- Maintain complete knowledge of all bar products on offer
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items
- Complete all opening side duties as assigned.
- Organize assigned stations and ensure readiness prior to guest arrival.
- Seat guests in a timely manner
- Retrieve food orders from the kitchen and deliver to restaurant and bar according to departmental standards.
- Bus tables in restaurant and bar areas and return dishes to kitchen.
- Maintain positive guest relations. Be familiar with all hotel services/features, and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure each course is cleared according to department standards, monitor and maintain the cleanliness of each assigned table.
- Ensure tables are clean and reset immediately after guests' departure in accordance with department standards; assist servers as required to ensure optimum service levels.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Complete all closing side duties as assigned.
- Store all daily deliveries in proper storage areas upon receipt of delivery,
- Assist other F&B employees with duties as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of menus and wine lists.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Legibly document all pertinent information in F&B log book.
- Document any maintenance needs and submit to Supervisor.
- Attend meetings, menu and wine tastings as scheduled.