Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For F&B Trainee (from July/August 2022)
Andaz means "personal style" in Hindi. Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht means, five-star creative luxury in the heart of Amsterdam, expressed through local experiences, art & design and picture-perfect drinking and dining, in a playful Dutch-inspired environment.
We are looking for a Food & Beverage Trainee!
'Are you a Food & Beverage enthusiast with a passion for service that would like to develop its qualities and skills in the world of food & beverage?'
YES, because you want...
What's in it for YOU? General Perks:
- to be an important member of the overall F&B team;
- to experience our three F&B outlets, meaning you will gain experience in our Bluespoon Restaurant, Bar, and assist our Events operations team;
- to be responsible for providing excellent service to our hotel guests and conduct extensive knowledge in food & beverage products, and wine & food pairing;
- to become familiar with both operational and administrative tasks within the department;
- to monitor equipment inventory, maintain par stocks of all equipment and supplies as required;
- to incorporate loyalty program benefits and increase loyalty member guest recognition;
- to work with Micros, computing bills, accepting payments, verifying cash and credit cards;
- to review SOP's for the room service and increase efficiency and productivity of the department;
- To take leadership in the opening and closing shifts, involving financial closing and opening.
- A great place to work in lovely Amsterdam center. In the middle of the iconic Prinsengracht canal.
- An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best;
- 20% Discounts at our F&B outlets and special discounts at our Spa
- A guest experience in your own city with a complimentary overnight stay, cocktails & dinner for two;
- Great intern working conditions (read: intern allowance of EUR 650/month, loads of training opportunities, potential career planning, discounts all over the World, and let's not forget about our social activities...!)
- Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house.
- 25 Vacation days
"Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best - and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose"
- To support our colleagues mental wellbeing we provide access to "Headspace App" for all employees, free of charge as Hyatt's wellbeing assessment tool "Hyatt Well-Check"
- Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
- Hotel gym access
"Careers at Hyatt don't have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based an employee's individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice"
- International working experience with future international transfer happily facilitated.
- Personal development plan, in order to reach your full potential.
- A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues. From E-Learnings to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best (Example: Excel courses, Leadership series etc.).
"Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose - we care for people so they can be their best - and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all"
Qualifications So, if YOU are...
- An International team of over 15 different nationalities
- Focus on Diversity, Equity and inclusion within our team. Through employee support groups (HyPride & [email protected]), workshop and classroom trainings.
- currently enrolled in a Hospitality or Tourism related degree, preferably with an F&B focus;
- always seeking for opportunities and creative solutions;
- available for five months or longer;
- proactive, not afraid to make decisions, detail-oriented, and approachable;
- fluent in English, and ideally also in Dutch;
- great in customer service, communication and interpersonal skills;
- legally allowed to work in the Netherlands, holding an EU/EEA passport or enrolled in a Dutch Institution (we do not assist with Visa / permit applications).
- motivated, hands-on and enthusiastic, a perfect fit for the position and Andaz' culture!
Then please upload your CV and all the reasons why WE
are what YOU
are looking for!