Front of House
Merced, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Front Desk Host El Capitan Hotel- Part Time
DescriptionAbility to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Front Office associates are responsible for the guest registration process and communication of hotel services and promotions. This highly visible role gives opportunity for casual conversation and has a direct impact on creating the guest experience. Other duties may include processing forms of payment and responding to guest inquires. You'll be the face of Hyatt as a Front Desk Host. If you have worked at other Hotels as a front desk clerk or you have an interest in hotel clerk jobs, we'd love to hear from you!
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment; if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
A hallmark of the Joie de Vivre brand is that every hotel is deeply and uniquely of its place. For the El Capitan Hotel and Mainzer Theater, that place is on Main Street Merced, in California's Central Valley, and within a 90-minute drive of Yosemite National Park or the San Francisco Bay Area. The locale and the El Capitan properties are further defined by a history shaped by the railroad, ranching, and agriculture, and a connection to Yosemite that dates to a time when Merced was truly the last stop for provisions before the last leg of the journey into the park.
El Capitan Hotel features a restaurant serving classic California dishes inspired by the local bounty and produce of the Central Valley. The offerings extend throughout this historic property to a café bar, garden courtyard and market, where artisan coffees, crafted cocktails, and lighter fare nourish locals and travelers alike.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
Ability to work well under pressure of check-in/check-out of guests and handle multiple tasks at once.
Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
Desirable: Previous guest relations training
Previous experience with automated property management system
High school graduate
Previous hotel experience
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending and stooping.
Essential Job Functions:
- Remain in stationary position for a maximum eight hours (excluding meal and rest breaks) throughout work shift.
- Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 75 lbs.; and lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes, and luggage.
- Check-in and check-out hotel guests in a confident, professional, and friendly manner.
- Initiate call back after check-in to ensure guest is satisfied with accommodations as well as offer any assistance.
- Adhere to the principles of ResPlus including the "Perfect ResPlus Call" and the "Call Back Program".
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Provide gracious and efficient telephone service as it relates to general PBX services. Calls should be answered promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
- Review arrivals noting special requests and blocking rooms as necessary for VIP/World of Hyatt Membersand group arrivals.
- Complete all items as listed on shift checklists.
all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- Bucket checks to be performed by each shift to verify data as it pertains to: 1. Guest name, 2. Guest address, 3. Room rate, 4. Date of departure, 5. Number of guests in room, 6. Verify Members, and 7. credit card imprint.
- Ensure proper credit card procedures are followed at all times to include credit card imprint and guest signature on registration slipshould the hotel need to revert to manual procedures.
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures: open, secure and balance out shift banks to include the verification of all cash, credit card, and check transactions during a given shift.
- Issue guest safety deposit boxes as requested.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
all room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and location.
all room rates, special packages and promotions.
daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
room availability status for any given day.
scheduled daily group activities.
- Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
- Communicate service and amenities of the hotel to guests.
- Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities.
- Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
- Offer detailed information on the voice mail system to callers and guests wishing to leave messages.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests.
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity deliver).
- Meet with departing Front Desk Host to review business status, log-book and follow-up items.
- Provide Concierge service - fluent knowledge of local restaurants, special events, city attractions, and guest amenities.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Knowledgeable of hotel fire and emergency procedures.
- Adhere to the company/hotel standardsincludingWorld of Hyatt.
- Follow hotel standards on hygiene, neat appearanceand uniforms.
- Keep the front desk as well as lobby areas clean and well organized.
- Assist with reservations calls in a manner consistent with ResPlus principles.
- Legibly document maintenance needsand submit throughHotSOS.
- Develop relationships with local service providers: bonded baby-sitters, florists, beauty shops, etc.