Job Role :
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For General Maintenance Engineer
find your place at park hyatt Toronto: Be a part of something bigger. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a family that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity and fun. At Hyatt, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our purpose, to care for people, so they can be their best.
Be part of the team bringing in a new era of a Toronto legacy hotel. Recently renovated with striking architecture, art and bespoke culinary experiences, Park Hyatt Toronto offers a sophisticated, approachable luxury with a distinct character highlighting our Yorkville location.
WHAT ARE THE ADDITIONAL BENEFITS of WORKING AT THE park hyatt Toronto?
Some of the responsibilities include: General Engineering Tasks
- Complimentary meal during shift
- Paid medical days
- Employer RRSP Matching Contributions
- Complimentary hotel nights and discounts at Hyatt properties around the world
- Extended Health and Dental medical benefits for you and your dependents 30 days after joining
- Tuition reimbursement program
Prevention and Safety
- Display proficiency in any one of the following categories, above-average skills in two more of the following categories and basic skills in the remaining categories
- Air conditioning, refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, life safety systems, kitchen equipment, electronics, carpentry or building management systems
- Display solid knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks
- Display basic ability to repair or replace PVC copper pipe (including soldering)
- Troubleshoot and perform basic repairs on all types of equipment (e.g., pump and motor replacement), plumbing, and electrical equipment including lamps, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items
- Program TVs and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related duties
- Assist team members with painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement, and ensure all worked areas are left clean and free of debris
- Perform general housekeeping and engineering-related duties
- Display ability to perform Engineer on Duty responsibilities, including readings and rounds
Repair and Maintain
- Follow company and department safety/security policies and procedures
- Promote a clean, safe, and secure environment
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks
- Follow safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood-borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel. Maintain proficiency in Fire Alarm/Safety and emergency power systems and be familiar with the duties and responsibilities of the Life Safety System Team
- Follow property-specific procedures for handling emergency situations in order to preserve the building and its systems during the emergency
- Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
Maintain Building and Property
- Carry all equipment (e.g., keys, phones, pager, tools, radio) in order to maintain preparedness to carry out work tasks at all times
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests
- Inspect and repair all mechanical equipment including, but not limited to: appliances, HVAC, electrical and plumbing components, diagnose and repair boilers, pumps and related components
- Clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and utility shut-offs for buildings
- Organize painting and maintenance areas properly utilizing the appropriate methods and supplies
- Clean tools and equipment and return to the shop and secure them in the proper area
- Perform preventive maintenance in a timely manner
Maintain Records and Logs
- Clean all engineering areas as directed by the Director of Engineering
- Observe energy and utility usage in the hotel and on the grounds
- Look for ways to conserve energy and explore ideas with the Director of Engineering
- Maintain the preventative maintenance records, inspections, and rounds using a computer management system
- Assure each day's activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards
- Maintain a proper inventory of parts, materials, equipment, tools, and supplies necessary to perform his/her job
- Read, log, track and interpret readings from meters, gauges and other measuring devices
- Provide periodic maintenance inventory updates to engineering management when requested or required
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property-specific processes and build trust
- Respond to all guest complaints promptly and, it cannot remedy the situation, let the proper people know so they can follow up to ensure guest satisfaction
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional, maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information
- Experience in general maintenance, exterior and interior, mechanical systems and painting.
- At least 2 years of luxury hotel engineering/maintenance experience.
- Trades license/education is considered to be an asset
- Requires full flexibility, ability to work weekends and holidays and a varied schedule
- Local candidate with the ability to legally work in Canada
- A true desire to understand and anticipate the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.