Lenox, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Golf Course and Grounds Equipment Technician
Your journey begins now!
At Miraval Berkshires it is our ongoing purpose to bring imagination, authenticity and meaning to wellness. Each day we work to bring out the best in all we do for our guests and colleagues (you) to take comfort in.
Candidates interested in joining us on this journey need to believe in the power of the individual and understand that regardless of the job, every position has meaning and is important to Miraval's purpose.
Miravalis a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in thewellness industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
We thank you for your interest. Be well.
Miraval Berkshires offers:
- World class resort
- Awarded Fortune's 100 best companies to work for
- Unlimited use of our fitness center, yoga classes, and lectures
- Competitive pay
- Positions with incentive & bonus packages
- $1,000 reimbursement for tuition (after 12 months)
- Employee discounts on all spa services and programming
- Discounted and comped rates at Hyatt Hotels
- Positions with flexible schedules
The equipment technician is responsible for the preventive care and upkeep of golf course and grounds maintenance equipment. The position also requires the ability to work outside of the shop at various times. The equipment technician is part of the snow removal team during the winter months. This position reports to the golf course superintendent/grounds manager.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair mechanical defects or failures in various golf course maintenance and grounds equipment including diesel, gas, and electric powered golf course equipment
- Instruct and train grounds staff regarding preventive maintenance, equipment usage, proper cleaning and safe operation of equipment
- Maintain a preventive maintenance program on all equipment
- Purchase and keep inventory of parts and replacement supplies
- Examine and service daily the equipment for performance enhancement
- Oversee and maintain the equipment area for cleanliness and safety
- Regulate use of equipment in absence of superintendent and assistant superintendents
- Perform other duties as directed by the grounds manager
- Snow removal is also performed during winter months
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and repairing equipment
- A positive attitude and willingness to work and learn as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience working with golf course and grounds equipment is a plus but not necessary
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
M-F, 7a-3:30p during winter months. Some weekends may be required during snow events.
M-F, 6a-2:30p during summer months.