Chicago, United States
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Group Product Manager
Hyatt is reimagining and transforming the way guests and members engage with Hyatt hotels. And with more than 1,000 luxury, lifestyle, and resort properties globally -- and a purpose centered around care -- Hyatt is a hospitality leader.
Headquartered in downtown Chicago, IL, Hyatt offers opportunities for both in-person, in-office work and flexible hybrid/remote work.
The Group Product Manager will play a critical role setting the vision, then developing and delivering omnichannel digital experiences (web, native mobile apps, and more) with a lean agile product team. The Group Product Manager forms a tight knit partnership with business stakeholders, designers, engineers, analytics and data teams in order to make hypothesis-driven decisions and test those through the development of new digital products and experiences.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, this is also a managerial role overseeing the development, prioritization, execution and delivery of digital experiences while also managing and mentoring one to three more junior Product Management professionals. The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing complex, enterprise digital products with clear goals and desired outcomes. This is also a highly innovative role developing industry-first, state-of-the-art digital experiences.
- Directly manage and develop a team of 1-3 junior Product Managers
- Guide competitive research and market research
- Evaluate new ideas, identifying value for guests/members and the business
- Develop a strategic roadmap for the products managed, focused on desired outcomes
- Work directly with Product Engineering and Product Design leads day-in and day-out to lead a lean agile team of digital professionals (8-12 people)
- Scope the minimum viable product (MVP) to test new ideas and concepts
- Write agile user epics and stories that break down complex experiences into tactical steps to build digital products iteratively
- Maintain and enhance existing digital products to maximize opportunity, deliver long-term value, and be a good product steward
- Coordinate with other agile teams when large development tasks require it
- Help measure product performance (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Deliver insights about product use, and make informed decisions with data and experience
- Communicate product strategy and development updates to Digital leadership and other internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values (empathy) and purpose (care)
- 7+ years of overall Product Management experience
- Strong digital web & app background, with proven experience delivering enterprise level products and experiences.
- Strong background in hypothesis-driven product development, lean agile tools & methodologies, and data-driven decision making.
- Significant capabilities in establishing and maturing product management best practices in mid to large organizations
- Ready and eager to start coaching and managing other Product Managers (ideally has already mentored junior PMs)
- Exceptional communications skills (both oral and written), and comfortable communicating with both junior and senior-level professionals internally and externally
- Comfortable managing discussions from both a business and technical lens
- Strong ability to bring clarity to unclear situations
- Passionate about improving guest experiences. Self-directed searching out what's broken and sees fixes through
- Hands-on experience with Splunk, Adobe Analytics, Microsoft Office, JIRA, and other agile development
- SQL knowledge a plus
- Bachelor's degree required, or other equivalent work experience