Front of House
Job Role :
Guest Relations Officer
Validate Through :
26 Dec 2021
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
- In charge of Hysat scores and be a main part of Hysat committee and meetings.
- To ensure Hysat score is in line with the budget.
- To ensure that regular contact with long stay and suite guests has been done so as to ensure their stay is going well, and to report any shortfalls in service to the Director of Rooms.
- To assist the Director of Rooms in all follow-up and correspondence relating to guest comments and complaints.
- To assist the Front Office / Assistant Front Office Manager in efficiently managing the department according to the established concept statement providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following Grand Hyatt Amman Standards of Performance.
- To ensure that an accurate report of the number of complaints received and the department they concern has been done.
- To ensure that World of Hyatt members are properly taken care of and that the paper work has been submitted.
- To follow up and ensure that the guests are offered the highest levels of personalized services at all times.
- To actively participate in administrating the guest recognition and guest retention programs, in liaison with the Director of Rooms.
- To ensure that the appropriate update of the Guest Questionnaire and the Guest Profile has been implemented.
- To ensure that guest history records are updated when necessary and to encourage staff members to solicit guest comments at any opportunity.
- To be fully conversant with the hotel's services and facilities i.e. Business Center, restaurant etc. and to actively promote and upsell these.
- To be responsible for the training of all Front Office and Concierge staff in how to show a guest room to potential clients and arriving guests.
- To ensure that the encouragement or the guests to stay at Hyatt Hotels worldwide by executing the cross-sell program has been done.
- To plan and assist with the VIP visits.
- To assist guest with the planning of functions in suites, in liaison with the Reservation, and Banqueting Sales Department and with the Director of Rooms.
- To ensure that a full promotion of our marketing program (World of Hyatt) has been done.
- To be present in the lobby to identify Local dignitaries, and other VIPs and to inform the necessary departments of their presence.
- To ensure that the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies are strictly adhered to and that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To assist in conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To assist in controlling the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to staff on rooms occupancy, arrival and departures, functions / event and special attention that is needed.
- To liaise with housekeeping and other related department on daily operation.
- To monitor a clean, orderly and business like working environment, ensuring minimal background noise and conversation.
- To act as the communication coordinator between guests requests and all departments in the hotel.
Budgeting and Cost Control
- To assist the Director of Rooms in the preparation of the departmental budget and objectives.
- To ensure the Department's Operational Budgets are in line and costs are strictly controlled.
- To ensure that credit policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To advise management and sales Associates of the update reservation status for their reference in marketing and business solicitations.
- To follow the services sequence and Rooms policies and procedures as laid down in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To constantly strive to ensure that the outcome of all guest encounters is positive.
- To ensure a speedy telephone and message service in all Guest Service areas is consistent.
- To work closely with Sales and Reservation Departments in planning room requirements and assignments pre allocation, allotment and rooming list, etc. for all VIP's and suites.
- To ensure that all incoming reservation for the day match necessary accommodation, and that all VIP's, suite guest, return guests and World of Hyatt Rooms are pre-allocated/blocked accordingly.
- To ensure that the statement of allocated/blocked rooms is sent to the Housekeeping and Amenity Services Departments, and to ensure that all amenities and special requests are in place.
- To ensure that all returning guests are pre-registered and welcomed according to the Hotel's Guest Recognition Program.
- To ensure that all Suites and VIP's rooms are checked prior to the arrival of the guests for 100% readiness and follow up on any shortfalls.
- To meet and escort all arriving VIP's and Suite Guests wherever possible, ensuring that their needs are satisfied, their luggage is swiftly sent to their rooms, and they are checked-in courteously and efficiently with no delay.
- To ensure through effective supervision that all Guest Services area are always available and are carried out with utmost efficiency and courtesy as per the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To make regular room and suite inspections and communicate with the Housekeeping Department, Suite Team and POMEC on deviations from standards.
- Raise purchase requests for approval to order outside amenities for VIP's when required.
- To ensure that all departmental reports and correspondence are completed punctually and accurately.
- To maintain the Daily Log Book placed on the system.
- To ensure Guest Histories, GEM (Guest Experience Management) notes and internal profile notes are kept up to date.
- To report "Lost and Found" items.
- To ensure that Operations Manuals are checked and kept up-to-date at all times.
- To attend the meetings and briefings as required.
- To attend promotional functions as appropriate.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag at all times as per grooming standards of Grand Hyatt Amman.
- To undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Front Office Manager and Director of Rooms.
- To respond to any changes in the Front Office Department as dictated by the hotel.
- To attend all meetings as required by Executive Management.
- To conduct regular Guest Services sub-department communication meetings to keep Associates informed of policies and procedures, progress on objectives, special events, further improvement plans and guest comments.
- To ensure there is training and development for all Front Office Associates.
- To ensure that all employees maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To conduct staff performance appraisals as per company policies.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametags at all times.
- To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- To assist in the training of the employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency.
- To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel's Employee Rules & Regulations.
- To ensure that all Front Office Associates are friendly and provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- To assist in the training of the Associates ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and it the most productive manner.
- To ensure that you and all Associates read the Associate Handbook and have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel's Rules and Regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To comply with local legislation and be conversant and act in accordance with any such matters relating to your department.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including reassignment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.
- To attend behavioural and vocational training in own and related work areas to enhance skills and develop multi functionality.
- To share knowledge and skills with other colleagues.
- To personally conduct classes on etiquette and guest handling.
- To conduct and/or contribute to regular departmental Communications Meetings.
- To ensure rosters posted and weekly attendance records submitted on time.
- To ensure that all Associates are treated fairly and consistently as outlined in their terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and company/hotel policies and procedures.
- To be able to work split as and when required.
- To keep oneself updated with the latest trends and service concepts worldwide.
Hyatt's higher purpose is based on care. Caring leaders build trust and engagement by cultivating genuine relationships. The capacity to care for one another is one of the strongest of all human traits. At the centre of caring is empathy. Leaders exhibit empathy when they connect personally and deeply with those around them.
Serving leaders create success for and through others. Such leaders are motivated by service to the higher purpose, the business and its stakeholders - not by the pursuit of power or personal gain. The success of these leaders is gauged by the success of others. They don't try to solve all problems or to have all of the answers: they thrive by unleashing others in pursuit of goals. They understand and take direct responsibility for growing the next generation of leaders.
Learning leaders are inspired by learning and they take pride in further developing themselves. They are not afraid of - and they learn from - mistakes and failures. They make the intentional decision to continue to learn and grow throughout their lives, challenging themselves to be and do more, and gaining broader experiences. With their high learning agility and ability to be vulnerable, they reflect on and learn from experience, apply that learning to perform successfully under new or first-time conditions and share their learning, and themselves, with others.
Adaptive leaders demonstrate agility in the face of continuous change. They anticipate and thrive in changing environments where diversity of thought fosters innovation and creativity. They have the ability to create a climate where individuals can take risk, experiment, and learn from failure: often times with great speed. Adapting leaders constantly think about what changes are needed to stay relevant in the marketplace and to fulfil the organization's purpose.
Achieving leaders prioritize and do what is best for the business. They are outcome oriented and understand that superior financial performance benefits all stakeholders. They are bold, strategic and future-oriented. They see the big picture, understand how the different components of a system interconnect and behave over time, and help make sense out of complexity by simplifying. They possess sound judgment and can make quick decisions when neededQualifications
- Jordanian Nationality.
- 1-2 Years' Experience with same filed in 5 Star hotel.
- OPERA experience
- Proficiency in English, multilingualism will be considered an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Highly responsible and reliable with a professional presentation.