Food and Beverage Service
Kansas City/United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Host - The Town Company
Serenely located within the historic Kansas City Club building, this premier Kansas City destination seamlessly combines the old-world charm of a historic social club with modern luxury and elegance. Drawing on over 100 years of history as the premier social meeting place, The Hotel Kansas City provides a truly unique setting for memorable events, as well as inventive dining and nightlife.
In addition to the hotel's 144 guest rooms are the Town Company, a three-meal restaurant; Nighthawk, a live music cellar cocktail bar; and a lobby lounge and bar that will bring locals and guests together for impromptu mingling. For the event minded guests, there will be 20,000 feet of meeting space that includes impressive historic ballrooms and a 3,000 square foot rooftop event patio.
A Host/Greeter is responsible for welcoming, greeting, and escorting guests to tables in the outlets and maintaining a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, address, phone number and proper set up of the restaurant.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation methods, ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish and method of preparation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of local vendors and farmers.
- Check station before, during, and after shift for proper set up and cleanliness.
- Complete opening and closing sidework as assigned and according to departmental standards.
- Greet guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Anticipate and service guests needs.
- Be familiar with all Hotel Kansas City services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries.
- Maintain complete knowledge of daily activities and in-house groups.
- Set up station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness at all times.
- Inspect condition and cleanliness of menus, wine lists; ensure designated amounts are available.
- Inspect the restaurant environment and entrance area, ensuring that all standards are met; rectify any deficiencies; maintain at all times.
- Guide the Restaurant Servers and Server Assistants in table set-up needs to ensure timely service to guests.
- Answer restaurant telephone courteously and efficiently.
- Take, record and confirm restaurant reservations/cancellations utilizing our reservation management system.
- Communicate VIP arrivals and special requests with the designated personnel for follow up.
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive, check into reservation management system, escort to tables and assist in seating, present menus.
- Maintain guest flow in the dining room, taking into account status of tables.
- Ensure tables are clean and reset according to departmental standards.
- Extend courteous departures as guests leave the restaurant.
- Assist supervisor in daily roll call meetings to keep colleagues informed of current promotions, daily specials, guest comments, daily events, and pertinent memos.
- Maintain an open line of communication between guests, management and the colleagues.
- Perform bussing duties as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager and the Director of Food and Beverage.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency preferred, but not required.
- Considerable knowledge of restaurant operations, including appropriate staffing levels, service equipment, and guest relations.
- Ability to remember, recite, and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to read, speak and understand English well enough to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotion materials, event orders, and similar written materials.
- Ability to effectively deal with customers' complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the guests, and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guests.
- Ability to stand, walk, and continuously perform the essential job functions for an extended period of time.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD,401K with Matching, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Meal, Discounted Parking, Referral Bonuses
- Free room nights,Discounted room nights andFriends and Family discounts
- Unlimited growth potential with Hyatt. Ability to relocate for advancement opportunities in the future
- Proven sales/volume which leads to increased tips/ability to increase wages
- Teaching hotel where you can learn from some of the best in the business