Austin, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Intermediate Line / Cook 2 - $18.50/hour
Join us for this incredible opportunity to be part of our Culinary Department as a Cook 2 at Miraval Austin Resort and Spa located in Austin, Texas. Not only will you be part of a rock-star team, but you will also get to be part of a team that won North America's Best Resort Spa and Texas' Best Resort Spa by World Spa Awards! Hyatt has also earned the 16th spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021!
We offer excellent benefits:
- Free room nights, Discounted and Friends & Family Room Rates
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance with only a 30 day waiting period
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Paid Family Bonding Time and Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free colleague meals during shift
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Discounts at various retailers -Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Headspace and many more
Under the general direction of the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef, these positions will be accountable for providing flawless culinary service, be passionate about food and cooking and have a keen eye for detail. These positions require good communication and culinary skills, a professional knowledge of cooking ingredients and procedures, and the ability to prepare delicious meals for our guests according to the Chef's recipes and specifications
- Refined verbal communication skills
- 2 years of previous line experience preferred
- Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred but not required
- Candidate should be able to perform all basic cooking skills
- Able to work in a team setting
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in fast pace environment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, push and carry moderate to heavy amounts of weight on a consistent basis
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, weekends and holidays.
Hyatt Hotels follows all COVID-19 CDC and United States Health department protocols for the safety of our employees and guests.
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.