Isle of Palms/United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Island Adventures Activities Coordinator
T he Island Adventures Social Programming Department will offer a variety of modern, energizing programming that allow our guests to explore and experience all that Wild Dunes Resort has to offer.
We will take our guests on a journey that turns moments into memories and memories into traditions.
Full Time & Seasonal positions available!
Summary: The Activity program coordinator is directly involved in the supervision of on-property recreation activities and entertainment. They shall focus on ensuring that all scheduled programs are properly executed to the standards of the resort.
The Activity Program Coordinator shall always strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests. They will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential job Functions:
- Oversees the set up and breakdown of a variety of activities related to the following fields (historic, creative, environmental, athletic)
- Recording and managing of inventory
- Ordering of necessary supplies and materials through purchasing software
- Introduces entertainers, assists entertainers, and encourages participation through use of PA systems and megaphones
- Sells necessary equipment/merchandise related to ongoing scheduled activities
- Assist with the marketing of resort programs including public communication of schedules, exhibits, and announcements
- Loves working with children and families
- Sets up and breaks down activity supplies at designated locations
- Prepares all items and merchandise for each planned activity
- Accurate cash handling and accounting duties
- Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of storage areas and activity locations
- Maintains equipment and supplies in proper working condition
- Fosters energy and enthusiasm throughout the team and guests for each activity, entertainer, or event
- Meets sales goals through encouraging participation in activities, and upselling merchandise and services
- Be knowledgeable and assist with special events as needed
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Upsells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Addresses any guest issue promptly and with concern
- Offers guests assistance resort directions, activity suggestions, etc.
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues and reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Wild Dunes Resort dress code standards.
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times.
Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.Qualifications
Experience & Education:
- College Student or Graduate
- Minimum 2 years experience working with children
- Retail and cash handling experience preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Past leadership experience preferred
- Computer skills including MS Office
- Proper phone etiquette
- Public speaking and comfortable with large demanding crowds
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Must be able to swim
- Severe weather conditions (heat, sun, wind, rain)
- Must be able to stand on feet and walk throughout the day
- Must be able to climb stairs and walk on uneven surfaces on a regular basis with varying surface conditions
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs at shoulder height
- Must be able to bend, squat, push, pull heavy carts and supplies frequently
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently, squeezing and overhead reaching
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Will work in the ocean, pool, on sand, on hardscapes, and on grass