Job Description For Kitchen Staff | Cook 2 (Part-Time) $1500 BONUS
Ready to start a new adventure! Explore a career with us, it could really pay off! Our Hiring Bonus offers:
Apply today to let the fun begin!!
- An extra $500 on your first check!
- An extra $1000 after successful completion of 60 days with your new team!
A luxury California resort in an idyllic mountain setting, Resort at Squaw Creek rests at the base of Squaw Valley, which is the site of the 1960 Winter Olympics, and is just minutes from North Lake Tahoe.
Our AAA Four-Diamond resort offers ski-in/ski-out access to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. Squaw Creek's dramatic lobby, with its floor-to-ceiling windows, overlooks a cascading waterfall and the breathtaking Sierra Nevada Mountains. 405 luxurious resort rooms and suites , complete with resort-style kitchenettes, fireplaces and LED flat-screen TVs, comfort guests with a "mountain meets modern" ambiance at our resort in Squaw Creek.
Creating memorable dining experience at the Resort at Squaw Creek begins behind the scenes. Our Culinary Team is committed to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. Your passion for managing food preparation will inspire your team to create truly spectacular food. Join an engaging, fast-paced and professional kitchen environment! We take pride in our profession and enjoy providing guests with meaningful and tasty experiences. Our culinary department maintains high standards in food quality, communication, sanitation and always demonstrates teamwork. Cook II
A Cook II is an intermediate position within our kitchen team. This person should have a natural passion for food and desire to grow as a culinary professional. We are looking for an individual with some experience in the profession, since this is not an entry level position. The ideal candidate should be able to prepare and cook food according to recipes, highest quality and presentation standards.
- Follow all company, safety, security policies and procedures.
- Communicate, using clear and professional language.
- Support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees and management
- Learn and master new stations and responsibilities within reasonable timelines and clearly distinguish themselves from an entry level cook.
- Aim to achieve the next level of cook, by consistently demonstrating the commitment to quality, department and hotel policies as well as displaying pride in the profession.
- Prepare meals by reviewing recipes; assembling, combining, and cooking ingredients to Hyatt specifications
- Provide ideas suggestions towards menu items and specials
- Consistently maintain a sanitary and safe kitchen and work environment
- Adhere to proper food handling, sanitation, and safety procedures; maintain temperature and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) logs as required; and maintain appropriate dating, labeling, and rotation of all food items.
- Store food according to established standards and local law-requirements.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of equipment, food storage, and work areas.
- Complete cleaning according to daily and weekly schedules
- Aim to be productive, professional and effective at all times
- Eagerness to learn
- Must be able and willing to train/work on any cooking line /department
- Learning multiple stations on hot cooking lines and departments with the culinary department
Due to COVID-19 cleanliness protocols, this role now calls for new duties to ensure safety and cleanliness of frequent touch points and all colleagues must adhere to our COVID-19 prevention plan: wearing mask, temperature check and cleaning/disinfecting areas outside department.Qualifications
* Ability to guide entry level cooks towards most professional approach to work
* Requires excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrates desire and develops skill in ability to effectively operate within team
* Culinary experience or Culinary Diploma/Certificate desired
* Capable of performing repetitious activities
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
* Teamwork oriented and engaging, as well as striving to advance career within department
* Able and willing to train and perform on a hot food cooking line, mastering all stations
* Demonstrated knowledge and skill in ability to safely and effectively operate standard foodservice equipment
* Two (2) years culinary experience working in professional kitchen setting desired
* Interest to develop career and stretch comfort zone
* Flexible schedule availability; willing to work holidays and weekends Why work at Resort at Squaw Creek?
50% discounted meals at property food service areas
12 Free Room Nights at any Hyatt Globally
Medical Dental and Vision Insurance
Retirement Savings Plan
Excellent training and professional development
Opportunities to work around the world with Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
Discount Ski Pass
Enjoy vending meal set-up in our colleague dining hall
Our Vales: Respect Integrity Empathy Humility Creativity Fun
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.