Kansas City, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Maintenance Technician - $500 Sign On Bonus!
Setting the standard for grand hospitality, Hotel Kansas City has delivered an experience like no other since its opening in late 2020. Named one of the "Best New Hotels in the World" by Travel + Leisure, and Kansas City's newest #1 Hotel on TripAdvisor, guests can indulge in Victorian-inspired guest rooms merged with modern twists, preserved touches like hand-hewn walnut and stained glass windows, and multiple show-stopping food and beverage outlets. Centrally located in the historic Kansas City Club Building, the hotel is only steps away from the city's best nightlife, restaurants, and shopping.
In addition to the hotel's 144 guest rooms are the Town Company, a three-meal restaurant; Nighthawk, a live music cellar cocktail bar; and a lobby lounge and bar that will bring locals and guests together for impromptu mingling. For the event minded guests, there will be 20,000 feet of meeting space that includes impressive historic ballrooms and a 3,000 square foot rooftop event patio.
We offer excellent benefits!
- Free room nights, Discounted and Friends & Family Room Rates
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance at 30 days!
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Family Bonding Time and Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Discounts at various retailers -Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Headspace and many more!
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- Discounted parking
- A Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical functionality and safety of the facility in the hotel. This is a flex-schedule position; must be available for AM, PM, and Graveyard shifts as scheduled.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Maintain the physical functionality and safety of the facility including, but not limited to, guest rooms, public space and back of house areas.
- Respond to guest calls and colleague work orders in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment.
- Perform a variety of repair and maintenance tasks including carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, HVAC work and masonry.
- Wall covering installation and repair.
- Conduct inspections for preventative maintenance needs.
- Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention.
- Assist with the patrolling of the interior and perimeter of the hotel and the property to observe and identify potential safety risks, security risks and undesirable conditions.
- Respond to emergency situations including safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies and threats to life and/or property.
- Promote safe work practices.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency preferred.
- Higher level of training preferred.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards are able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
- Six (6) months previous maintenance experience required, preferably in a hotel.
- Basic carpentry and mechanical experience required
- Electrical and plumbing experience required