Job Description For Nutritionist & Exercise Physiologist
Join us for this incredible opportunity to be part of our Integrative Wellbeing team as a Nutritionist & Exercise Physiologist at Miraval Austin Resort and Spa located in Austin, Texas. Not only will you be part of a rock-star team, but you will also get to be part of a team that won North America's Best Resort Spa and Texas' Best Resort Spa by World Spa Awards! Hyatt has also earned the 16th spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021!
We offer excellent benefits:
- Free room nights, Discounted and Friends & Family Room Rates
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance with only a 30 day waiting period
- 401K with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Paid Family Bonding Time and Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free colleague meals during shift
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Discounts at various retailers -Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Headspace and many more
The Nutritionist & Exercise Physiologist provides high quality service to guests through education lectures and one-on-one counseling. This role assists the culinary staff in presenting meals that comply with Miraval's food philosophy. The Nutritionist & Exercise Physiologist is responsible for creating and adapting new, creative and progressive programming for Miraval guests, based on science and not trends. Essential Functions:
- Creates, adapts and conducts nutrition classes
- Conducts individual guest consultations
- Conducts Resting Metabolic Rate and Body Composition diagnostic testing
- Remains current on nutrition information and science
- Promote consults in fitness for follow up consultations as appropriate
- Remain current in knowledge of exercise physiology and the larger allied health related fields of research
- Assists the culinary staff in providing nutritionally balanced food options
- Communicates special food requests to culinary and food and beverage staff
- Maintains complete confidentiality in all guest/program matters in accordance with Miraval policy
- Demonstrates and incorporates mindfulness in all guest contact, programs, experiences and written materials
- Attends to daily maintenance and operations of the department
- Fulfills marketing requests as needed (ie: article requests, blog posts, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager or Director of Programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Completed a minimum of a bachelor's degree at a US regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Completed an ACEND-accredited supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency, or a foodservice corporation or combined with undergraduate or graduate studies. Typically, a practice program will run six to 12 months in length.
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Completed continuing professional educational requirements to maintain registration.
- Additional certifications in specialized areas of practice a plus: renal nutrition, sports dietetics, and nutrition support and diabetes education.
- MA, Med, or MS in exercise science, kinesiology, or exercise physiology
- ASCM or NSCA certifications are preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- This is a job where clear and concise communication is essential to guest satisfaction so the ability to clearly communicate cannot be overstated.
- Second and third languages are a plus but not a requisite for hiring.
- Public speaking/teaching is a large component of this job so proficiency is a must.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Effectively listening to both clients and co-workers to understand their concerns, goals and issues
- Have the ability to pivot from one course of action to another in a timely fashion such that client goals are met
- Clearly understand what is possible given the willingness and time constraints of the client and then relay that to them in a clear and concise fashion
- Remain calm and composed regardless of the situation
- Anticipate needs before they arise such that they do not become crises (equipment, staffing, physical working environment)
- Manage time such that deadlines are met and the clients go home with the materials that you promised
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to handle or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. COVID-19 Safety:
Hyatt Hotels follows all COVID-19 CDC and United States Health department protocols for the safety of our employees and guests.
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.