Renton, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Overnight General Maintenance Mid-Level Engineer - Signing/Retention Bonus $3000
Located on the shores of Lake Washington, Hyatt Regency Lake Washington at Seattle's Southport, a recent AAA Four Diamond and Best of Housekeeping award winner, perfectly combines the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest with modern amenities. Enjoy close proximity access to Sea-Tac International Airport, downtown Seattle and Bellevue, Mount Rainier National Park, Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park, and more. Explore the beauty of the Pacific Northwest, then return to your comfortable room in Renton.
A General Maintenance Mid Level Engineer is responsible for maintaining the physical functionality and safety of the facility in the hotel.
- Maintain the physical functionality and safety of the facility including, but not limited to, guest rooms, public space and back of house areas.
- Respond to guest calls and colleague work orders in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment.
- Perform a variety of repair and maintenance tasks including carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, HVAC work and masonry.
- Wall covering installation and repair.
- Conduct inspections for preventative maintenance needs.
- Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention.
- Assist with the patrolling of the interior and perimeter of the hotel and the property to observe and identify potential safety risks, security risks and undesirable conditions.
- Respond to emergency situations including safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies and threats to life and/or property.
- Promote safe work practices.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Qualifications Education:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency preferred.
- Higher level of training preferred.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards are able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
- A minimum of threeyears building maintenance experience is required, with hotel experience preferred.
- Ability to be under and follow directions, and perform job functions with limited supervision.
- Read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other colleagues.
Benefits & Perks:
- Availability to work varying shifts to include overnight, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health safety. Proper clothing and safety equipment (gloves, safety shoes, back belt etc.) must be worn. Colleagues will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel requires the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damages or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your supervisor/manager.
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situations.
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Crouching, stopping, twisting, reaching, extension, fingering/feeling, lifting.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance after 30 days of employment
- Free Uniforms and Cleaning of your Uniform
- Paid Vacation, sick leave and 2 float days
- Paid Family Bonding Time
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Parking
- Referral Bonuses
- Discounted room nights andFriends and Family discounts at any participating Hyatt location starting on your first day of employment
- Up to 12 complimentary rooms at any participating Hyatt location after 1 year of service
- Free colleague meals during shift
- Unlimited growth potential with Hyatt. Ability to relocate for advancement opportunities in the future