Olympic Valley/United States
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Public Areas Attendant (PM Shift / Full- Time) *** $1000 Hiring Bonus! ***
Ready to start a new adventure?Explore a career with us, it could really pay off! OurHiring Bonus offers:
Apply today to let the fun begin!!
- An extra $500 on your first check!
- An extra $500 after successful completion of 60 days with your new team!
A luxury California resort in an idyllic mountain setting, Resort at Squaw Creek rests at the base of Squaw Valley, which is the site of the 1960 Winter Olympics, and is just minutes from North Lake Tahoe.
Our AAA Four-Diamond resort offers ski-in/ski-out access to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. Squaw Creek's dramatic lobby, with its floor-to-ceiling windows, overlooks a cascading waterfall and the breathtaking Sierra Nevada Mountains. 405 luxurious resort rooms and suites , complete with resort-style kitchenettes, fireplaces and LED flat-screen TVs, comfort guests with a "mountain meets modern" ambiance at our resort in Squaw Creek.
The Public Area Attendant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the hotel. This person must have exceptional communication skills as well as superior guest service abilities. The PM position must be available to start any shift after 3PM until 12AM. Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment; if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you. Essential Responsibilities
- Thoroughly clean sinks, toilets, urinals, mirrors, countertops, walls, vents, and floors with specifically assigned cleaning agents. Dispose of trash.
- Dust all furniture and pictures, clean all windows and glass, and vacuum public areas. Sweep and mop public areas.
- Vacuum and dispose of trash in office areas.
- Polish fixtures.
- Vacuum, sweep and mop elevators.
- Maintain a vacuumed or mopped appearance in stairwells.
- Clean outside ashtrays.
- Clean guest rooms when needed.
- Assist in the delivery of guest requests.
- Attend all mandatory meetings.
- Provide general public assistance, instruction and/or guidance for guests and colleague safety in the event of an emergency.
- Keep work area neat and organized.
- Performs daily turndown process.
- Reports Lost and Found items to the Housekeeping Leader ensuring to bag the item and record the location item was found, date, and a description of the item found.
- Report any damaged or missing items to the Housekeeping Leader.
- Report any suspicious looking persons or activity to the Housekeeping Leader.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Housekeeping and Director of Rooms.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Comfortable lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling 30+ pounds of weight throughout the shift.
- Must have an open and flexible schedule that includes weekend and holiday shifts.
- Ability to be under and follow directions, and perform job functions with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other colleagues verba lly or in written form.
- Ability to learn, follow, and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to all aspects of public areas.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
Why to work at Resort at Squaw Creek?
- Ability to extend arms, scrub, bend, stoop, stand, and walk in public areas for extended periods of time.
- OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health safety. Proper clothing and safety equipment (gloves, safety shoes, back belt etc.) must be worn. Colleagues will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel requires the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damages or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your supervisor/manager.
- Excellent grooming standards.
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situations.
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Crouching, stopping, twisting, reaching, extension, fingering/feeling, lifting.
- 50% discounted meals at property food service areas
- 12 Free Room Nights at any Hyatt Globally
- Medical Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
- Opportunities to work around the world with Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
- Discount Ski Pass
- Complimentary Golf
- Enjoy vending meal set-up in our colleague dining hall
Our Vales: Respect Integrity Empathy Humility Creativity Fun
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.