Animation and Recreation
Isle of Palms, United States
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Recreation Supervisor
Summary: The Recreation Supervisor will organize, lead, and develop all capacities of recreation at Wild Dunes Resort. This individual will help foster the growth of all family and children activities, ensure top level guest services is being exhibited in all components of Recreation while at the same time driving volume in participation and revenue up for the department. The Recreation Manager will help maintain the AAA Four Diamond standard.
The Recreation Supervisor shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. The will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Wild Dunes is looking to add a Beach Supervisor and a Pool Supervisor to the Recreation team!
Essential job Functions:
- Responsible for knowing all recreation outlet procedures
- Lead supervisors, interns and seasonal staff
- Responsible for training of all full-time, seasonalstaff members
- Design and implementation of recreation programs, activities, clubs and events
- Assist Marketing to create the Spring, Summer and Fall/Holiday vacation planners
- Monitors time punches ensuring accurate payroll for all Colleagues
- Develops and implements controls for expense management
- Implements strategies to continually improve revenues
- Operation of all outlets including excursions, kids camp, crafts, activities, Swim Center, Grand Pavilion pools and towel stand.
- Maintain cleanliness and maintenance of all outlets
- Ensure that staff is knowledgeable and ready for work
- Programming ideas for large and small groups
- Ability to organize, plan and implement an activity
- Ability to speak in front of large groups of people effectively
- Work closely with meeting planners
- Learns and maintains an awareness of all safety and emergency procedures and his/her role in assisting during critical times
- Assists in the ongoing training and development of recreation colleagues
- Resolves guest issues promptly and with great care and effectiveness
- Communicates pertinent information to team, i.e. in-house VIPs, changes in policies and procedures, resort events, etc.
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Wild Dunes Resort dress code standards.
Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.Qualifications
Experience & Education:
- A bachelor's degree in Recreation Management or similar field of study, preferred
- 3-5 years management experience in a family / child resort recreation setting preferred
- Recreation / Team Building experience preferred
- At least one-year related supervisory experience preferred
- Prior hospitality experience required
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified
- Current or former certifications in life guarding, swimming lessons, and water aerobics preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must have exceptional detail in follow-up
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and Colleagues
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
Colleagues who are hired at Wild Dunes Resort will be verified through the federal E-Verify system.