Industry : Other Industry
Department : Sales and Marketing-PR
Location : Chicago, United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 23 Sep 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Hyatt Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ38219
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-11-01
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks a Specialist, to lead and train our Sales & Events Operations colleagues at new hotel openings and delivery of new offerings globally. As a trainer in the organization, you will be a part of a 14-person organization to support our hotel Sales & Events operations. You will be collaborating closely with the broader Global Hotel Operational Services Teams, and internal stakeholders within Global Operations, where you'll be instrumental in continuing to make Hyatt a leading hospitality company.
Who We Are
Hyatt is proud to have a culture of care where coworkers become friends and family. Since 1957, our employees and our guests have served as the heart of our business and made Hyatt one of the best hospitality brands in the world, with more than 130,000 colleagues across more than 70 countries. As we continue to grow - we never lose sight of what's most important: People.
We are in a time of extraordinary transformation. Passion for personal travel combined with the explosive growth of the global business has underpinned our growth for years. Hyatt is at the epicenter of the evolution of travel - and we are looking for passionate change makers to be a part of our journey. When you join Hyatt, you will join a world of possibility.
How We Care for Our People
Well-being is the ultimate realization of our purpose - we care for people so they can be their best. We believe this focus on employees is the key to our success and we've earned a place on Fortune's prestigious "100 Best Companies to Work For®" for the last eight years, ranking No. 16 in 2021.
We're proud to offer exceptional corporate benefits which include:
• Annual allotment of free hotel stays at Hyatt hotels globally
• Flexible work schedule and location
• Work-life benefits include wellbeing initiatives such as a complimentary Headspace subscription and a discount at the on-site fitness center
• A global family assistance policy with paid time off following the birth or adoption of a child as well as financial assistance for adoption
• Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company match
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Our success is underpinned by our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We are committed to diverse hiring, supporting our communities, and supplier diversity. Being part of Hyatt means always having space to be you. Our global teams are a mosaic of cultures, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, and identities. We constantly strive to reflect the world we care for with teams that achieve and grow together. To learn more about our commitments to DE&I click here.
Who You Are
As our ideal candidate, you understand the power and purpose of our Culture of Care and embody our core values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity, and Fun. You enjoy working with a close fun team, are results-driven, and want a variety of opportunities to develop personally and professionally.
Responsibilities include an introduction, execution of training, and development of new Hyatt Sales & Events colleagues to the platforms that help them achieve and support the customer expectations. This role will take direct ownership of tasks and training process needed to support teams in adopting Hyatt's systems in a way that creates efficient business practices and allows teams to deepen customer relationship and drive topline performance. This role will directly liaison with the Director of Sales & Marketing, Events, and General Manager to translate their business objectives into real-world examples with various on-property roles across sales and events teams to ensure systems and process competency drive efficiencies and results. This role will require the management of multiple projects at the same time.
Additional responsibilities include
• Virtual Facilitator. Our deployment and onboarding processes have been virtualized so this role will execute engaging virtual classroom series to guide on-property teams through the build and learning processes needed to adopt meaningful use of Hyatt's systems.
• Lead the sales and events system's introduction, training, and deployment processes for Hyatt's proprietary sales and events systems to our newest hotels (openings and acquisitions). This includes guiding our on-property teams to the system configurations which best fit their market segment needs and team dynamics to result in the most efficient customer relationship and revenue-driving business practices.
• Maintain a relationship with Hyatt's internal teams globally that implement and train the systems installed at new Hyatt hotels. This is done through regular meetings and interactions conducted remotely with vendor counterparts during each project to discuss project needs.
• Development of training materials for use by the Sales & Events team, the hotels, or our vendors. Training materials include slide decks, trainers' notes, and videos.
• Ability to communicate among internal teams to ensure adoption and proper prioritization of product development.
• 3+ years of hotel experience in sales and events management
• Keen understanding and experience with hotel application usage and business impact
• While not a full-time traveling job, this role could require 25 - 50% travel to champion the support of our hotel operations
• Proficiency in verbal and written English and Spanish
• Excellent communication skills
• Spoken and written fluency in Portuguese, strongly preferred
• Experience with Hyatt systems including but not limited to, Reserve, Opera PMS, Envision, PRIO, IDEAS a strong plus
• Hotel openings and transitions experience a strong plus
• Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management or a related field
• Experience with Sales platforms, such as Envision, Delphi, etc.
• Hotel Sales & Events experience
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve Envision Systems, Delphi, etc.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all-encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.