Our foundation in family goes back to 1957, when entrepreneur Jay Pritzker purchased the original Hyatt House motel. Pritzker and his brother, Donald, worked to grow the Hyatt brand, powered by their belief in the importance of family and care. As of March 31, 2020, Hyatt is a global hospitality company with 20 premier brands and more than 900 hotel, all-inclusive, and wellness resort properties in over 65 countries across six continents.With more than 127,000 colleagues across 65 countries, we embrace all cultures, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, ages, abilities, perspectives, and ways of thinking. Our culture is one that empowers every individual to be his or her best, and such authentic connection inspires the way we care for each other and for our guests.Be a part of something bigger. Enjoy life every day. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a company that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity, and fun. With careers spanning the globe, your perfect opportunity awaits. Discover why Hyatt is consistently ranked one of the world’s best places to work.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Sales and Marketing-PR
Location : Ahmedabad/India
Level : Management
Posted : 14 May 2022
Job Role : Asst. Sales Manager
Recruiter : Hyatt Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ87163
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-11
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Main Duties and responsibilities:
• Ensures that an efficient and accurate filing system, both manuals as well as electronic, is maintained at all times.
• Maintains complete and supported records of all Sales Agreements, Contracts and Quotations for the Hotel.
• Establishes an efficient trace file to ensure that all business booked is properly tracked.
• Submits Sales report to Associate Director of Sales in a timely manner.
• Provides accurate reporting of business booked to the Sales Coordinator for monthly consolidation.
• Entertains and conducts hotel inspections to clients whenever required.
• Establishes and maintains strong relationship with the established clientele and constantly explores into new business opportunities.
• Liaises and works closely with the related operation departments ensuring guest's requests and expectations are being met.
• Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems. If no immediate solution can be found, to ensure that the necessary follow-up is conducted in a timely manner.
• Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
• To regularly monitor the Hyatt Guest Satisfaction survey report and to ensure the minimum benchmark scores are achieved, to analyse the results and to prepare and implement appropriate action plans to achieve constant improvement year on year.
• To ensure the minimum benchmark scores of the Consumer Audit are achieved, to analyse the results of the Consumer Audit, prepare and implement appropriate action plans, and to constantly improving the results Year on Year.
• To keep abreast of the Hotel Guest feedback, complaints, views, etc. posted on websites, print or electronic media or any other available communication channels.
• Achieves the monthly and annual personal target contributing to the Sales revenue.
• Develops and reviews Personal Business Plan which is linked to the Hotel's Annual Business Plan.
• Conducts extensive competitor research and maintains excellent Product Knowledge of the Hotel.
• Constantly monitors and evaluates local, national and international market trends, and the competition hotels' sales initiatives, in order to make sure the hotel's sales remain competitive and cutting edge.
• Ensures a high level of exposure for Hotel through direct sales solicitation via telephone, contracts and written communications.
• Ensures professional sales calls using Hyatt's Consultative Selling principles and SMART Selling.
• Carefully plans Sales Calls into defined objectives.
• Maintains a detailed knowledge of Hotel facilities, features and services.
• Conducts extensive competitor researches and maintains excellent Product Knowledge of the hotel.
• Ensures systematically and efficiently calls on allocated Accounts within location and reports findings and opportunities to the Associate Director of Sales.
• Pre-qualifies and targets prospects, utilising hotel database and develops appropriate and effective sales solicitation strategies to increase hotel's market share.
• Professionally conducts routine telemarketing activities to identify new business opportunities. Follows up sales leads to identify prospect.
• Meets and greets VIP guests upon arrival/departure.
• Plans and makes Sales trips to the parties concerned which is our current and potential clientele to explore into new business opportunities.
• Entertains and conducts hotel inspections to relevant representatives/delegates whenever required.
• Establishes strong contacts to source for information in regard to planned and upcoming functions/ events.
• Assists Sales Buddy to follow-up on all matters in the absence of Sales Buddy.
• Reviews and constantly seeks Productivity level improvements through the process of "taking work out of the system" (when appropriate) and thorough streamlining of work process.
• Implements all sales action plans related to responsibility areas as outlined in the Marketing plan.
• Ensures all employees maintain an updated awareness of Hotel product knowledge, current promotion, policy changes and appropriate internal communication.
• Assists to oversee the punctuality and appearance of Sales employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department's grooming standards.
• Maximises the effectiveness of employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
• Assists to plan and implement effective training programmes for employees in coordination with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
• Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
• Supports the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt's Values.
• Assists in the feedback on the results of the Employee Engagement Survey and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
• To ensure all associates are trained on all relevant School of Hospitality tasks.
Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.