Hotels & Resorts
Dallas, United States
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Security Supervisor (Overnight Shift)
Join us for this incredible opportunity to be part of our Team as Security Supervisor at Thompson Dallas conveniently located in downtown Dallas, by the Akard Street stop of the DART train. Not only will you be part of a rock-start team, you will get to be part of a company that earned the 16 th spot on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2021!
Thompson Dallas is a luxury hotel located within The National, Dallas' newest urban luxury mixed-use project. Essentials include 219 rooms with 52 suites; three full-service offerings for dining and drink; a boutique spa and fitness experience focused on wellness, a variety of spaces for events, including the 14,000 square foot National Ballroom.
Thompson Dallas is part of the boundless Hyatt Hotels Corporation portfolio. It has a stunning mid-century modern hexagon design that rises above the Dallas Skyline and brings guests and community together through an inspired tribute to history, design and culture.
The Security Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of safety and security of the hotel. This person will respond to guest and employee emergencies, complete incident reports and supervise the security staff in the manager's absence.
- Maintain complete awareness of scheduled group activities and house count, hotel facilities and services, hours of operation, facility layout, fire and emergency plans and departmental rules of conduct
- Supervise overnight Security Guard(s)
- Management of VIP arrivals and departures
- Work closely with Front Office to ensure that hotel guests/employees are safe and must be able to handle guests who may be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or are otherwise incapacitated.
- Complete understanding of all security related systems, CCTV, Radio, Key card system, fire panel, etc.
- Review department log records and be familiar with pertinent information relevant to the overnight shift
- Provide escorts for employees in accordance with departmental standards
- Ensure that after-hours access into secured hotel areas are properly authorized, monitored and documented in accordance with hotel standards
- Coordinate emergency situations as specified in departmental manual
- Oversight of general liability claims
- Oversight of all emergency and life safety situations during the overnight hours
- Monitor surveillance cameras as assigned
- Investigate duress alarms and comply with respective procedures
- Patrol the property with specified equipment, checking all designated points and document all actions taken in accordance with departmental standards
- High School diploma or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Valid Driver's License
- Knowledge of local laws, investigative methods and fire safety
- Valid certification in CPR and first aid or the ability to obtain certification
- Certification in alcohol awareness program or ability to obtain one
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally
- Provide legible communication and directions
- Understanding of PC operation and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and internet use.
- 1-3 years of security experience preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Hotel experience preferred