Industry : Other Industry
Department : Engineering
Location : Chicago, United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 22 Sep 2022
Job Role : Assistant Chief Engineer
Recruiter : Hyatt Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ96041
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-11-01
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
At Hyatt, we're working to Advance Care through data-driven decisions and automation. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision as we create the future of travel. We can't do that without the best talent - talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional experiences for our guests, customers, owners, and colleagues. Hyatt seeks an experienced Senior Data Engineer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing engineering team. The Senior Data Engineer will work closely with engineering, product managers and data science teams to meet data requirements of various initiatives in Hyatt. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will take on big data challenges in an agile way. In this role, you will build data pipelines that enable engineers, analysts, and other stakeholders across the organization. You will build data models to deliver insightful analytics while ensuring the highest standard in data integrity. You will integrate different data sources, improve the efficiency, reliability, and latency of our data system, help automate data pipelines, and improve our data model and overall architecture. You will be leading multiple data projects with planned and coordinated execution and on-time delivery of quality products. You will be part of a highly visible, collaborative, and passionate data engineering team and will be working on all the aspects of design, development and implementation of scalable and reliable data products and pipelines. Applying the latest techniques and approaches across the domains of data engineering, and machine learning engineering isn't just a nice to have, it's a must.
This candidate builds fantastic relationships across all levels of the organization and is recognized as a problem solver who looks to elevate the work of everyone around them.
Who We Are
Hyatt is proud to have a culture where coworkers become friends and family. Since 1957, our focus on care for our employees and our guests has served as the heart of our business and made Hyatt one of the best hospitality brands in the world, with more than 1000 hotels, all-inclusive, and wellness resort properties in 67 countries across six continents.
As we continue to grow - even during the most challenging and uncertain times - we never lose sight of what's most important: People.
We are in a time of extraordinary transformation. Passion for personal travel combined with the explosive growth of global business underpinned our growth for years. With Covid-19, much travel has ceased - but the passion for travel remains. Now that vaccines have been introduced, one of the things people look forward to most is traveling. Hyatt is at the epicenter of the return to travel - and we are looking for passionate changemakers to be a part of our journey. When you join Hyatt, you will join a world of possibility.
How We Care for Our People
Wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose - we care for people so they can be their best. We believe this focus on employees is the key to our success and we've earned a place on Fortune's prestigious "100 Best Companies to Work For®" for the last seven years, ranking No. 28 in 2020.
We're proud to offer exceptional benefits which may include:
• Complimentary and discounted stays at Hyatt hotels around the world
• A global family assistance policy with paid time off following the birth or adoption of a child as well as financial assistance for adoption
• Work-life benefits including wellbeing initiatives such as a complimentary Headspace subscription, on-site rest and relaxation, meditation lounges and flexible schedules
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Hyatt has made significant strides toward building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. With more than 127,000 colleagues across 67 countries, we embrace all cultures, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, ages, abilities, perspectives, and ways of thinking. Our culture is one that empowers every individual to be his or her best, and such authentic connection inspires the way we care for each other and for our guests.
Who You Are
We care about your qualifications, but we care more about your qualities when you join the Hyatt family. As our ideal candidate, you understand the power and purpose of our Culture of Care and share our core values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun. Our colleagues embody our purpose of caring for people, including each other, our guests, and ultimately our owners. This commitment to genuine service and care is what differentiates us and drives guest preference.
• Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, engineering, and program management teams to define product features, business deliverables and strategies for data products
• Collaborate with business partners, operations, senior management, etc on day-to-day operational support
• Support operational reporting, self-service data engineering efforts, production data pipelines, and business intelligence suite
• Interface with multiple diverse stakeholders and gather/understand business requirements, assess feasibility and impact, and deliver on time with high quality
• Design appropriate solutions and recommend alternative approaches when necessary
• Work with high volumes of data, fine tuning database queries and able to solve complex technical problems
• Contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously
• Work in a fast paced, collaborative, and iterative environment
• Exercise independent judgment in methods and techniques for obtaining results
• Work in an agile/scrum environment
• Use state of the art technologies to acquire, ingest and transform big datasets
The ideal candidate demonstrates a commitment to Hyatt core values: respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity, and fun.
• 5 to 8+ years of experience within the field of data engineering or related technical work including business intelligence, analytics
• Experience and comfort solving problems in an ambiguous environment where there is constant change. Have the tenacity to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
• Experience designing and building scalable and robust data pipelines to enable data-driven decisions for the business
• Very good understanding of the full software development life cycle
• Very good understanding of Data warehousing concepts and approaches
• Experience in building Data pipelines and ETL approaches using Informatica IICS and PowerCenter
• Experience in building high-volume data workflows in a cloud environment
• Experience in building Data warehouse and Business intelligence projects
• Good Experience using Snowflake environment.
• Experience in data cleansing, data validation and data wrangling
• Hands-on experience in AWS cloud and AWS native technologies such as Glue, Lambda, Kinesis, Lake Formation, S3, Redshift
• Experience using Spark EMR, RDS, EC2, Athena, API capabilities, CloudWatch, CloudTrail is a plus
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, Cognos, ThoughtSpot, etc. is a plus
• Hands-on experience building complex business logics and ETL workflows using Informatica PowerCenter is preferred
• Experience in one of the scripting languages: Python or Unix Scripting
• Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL, relational databases (RDBMS), database concepts and dimensional modeling
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate integrity and maturity, and a constructive approach to challenges
• Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly those that apply to Data Warehouse and Big Data environments
• Open minded, solution oriented and a very good team player
• Passionate about programming and learning new technologies; focused on helping yourself and the team improve skills
• Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and report simultaneously across different stakeholders
• Rigorous attention to detail and accuracy
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, or a related quantitative field
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary