Job Role :
Assistant Chief Engineer
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Senior Engineer - Cyber Security
At Hyatt Hotels, Cyber Security is a very important part of our mission to take care of people so they can be their best. The Senior Engineer - Cyber Security plays an important role in completing that mission every day by ensuring that Hyatt deploys new infrastructure and technologies in a safe and secure manner. Directly reporting to the Senior Manager of Cyber Security Engineering, the Senior Engineer takes charge of the selection and deployment of world-class cyber security tools in partnership with the Vulnerability Management and Cyber Security Operations teams. The Senior Engineer also acts as the chief evangelist for cyber security throughout Information Technology, consulting with the applications development and infrastructure teams on secure systems and applications design.
Hyatt is committed to procuring and deploying the most advanced and effective cyber security tools available and the Senior Engineer leads this exciting effort.
- Work with stakeholders including operations, applications development, and cyber security to select the best cutting-edge security technologies.
- Implement new and exciting Cyber Security technology tools, appliances, and software/hardware, ensuring that technology deliverables are completed as defined in both a secure and timely manner.
- Adopt and operate within an Agile environment to review prioritized work, create a work break down structure, provide estimates, and complete the committed objectives within the allotted cycles.
- Provide consultation and engage with Information Technology colleagues to ensure that new applications and infrastructure are secure from the planning phases.
- Act as the final approval authority for important technology provisioning processes including multi-zone firewall rules, data center remote access, and multi-factor token creation.
- Partner with our Compliance colleagues to develop and publish technology standards documentation that aligns with Hyatt's Risk Management Framework and Cyber Security Policy so that future technology deployments can always follow a similar path.
- Review, consult, and provide timely feedback for all Engineering inquiries in our Hyatt / Hyatt-affiliated service portals
- Ensure that all Cyber Security tools, applications, and infrastructure remain compliant through timely patching, vulnerability remediation, or compensating controls
- Develop documentation and draft communication for various tools and deployments
- Any combination of work force experience and/or education and/or reputable certifications, in the field of Cyber Security Engineering, Cyber Security-related, or other IT-related fields, demonstrating the candidate's deep understanding of this position's responsibilities, subject matter expertise (on one or many of the technical skills required), and how this role helps serve Hyatt's core values. The key factor will be evaluated on the the overall potential for successful outcomes performing the duties required of the position within our existing team structure.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Any combination of work force experience, education, and reputable certifications, in the field of Cyber Security Engineering or Cyber Security-related fields that demonstrates the candidates deep understanding of how this position's responsibilities and value to our mission, subject matter expertise on the technical skills required, and potential for successful outcomes in performing the duties required of the position.
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- A CISSP or SANS certification is preferred; however, any combination of certification, education, and experience that demonstrates the candidate can be successful in the position is acceptable.
Additional Comments and Requirements
- Experience with firewall rule management, network segmentation, data center zoning, single sign-on, multi-factor authentication, and advanced security software such as network policy management and application whitelisting are required.
- Experience with Cloud Computing environments and Content Distribution Networks is preferred
- Experience with deployment or administration of enterprise Endpoint Detection and Response technologies.
- Experience with deployment or administration of Privileged Access Management technologies
- Experience with deployment or administration of Secure Web Gateway and Zero Trust Network Access technologies
- Experience with deployment or administration of Secure Email Gateway technologies
- Experience working within an Agile environment is desired
- Ability to travel worldwide on an as-needed basis in an emergency is required (up to 5% of total work hours).
- Position is located on-site at Hyatt headquarters in Chicago, IL, but remote work is permitted for US-based candidates.