Food and Beverage Service
Chicago, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Senior Product Designer - Meetings and Events
As Senior Product Designer - Meetings and Events, you will be responsible for applying Product Design best practices to innovate, envision & support digital experiences on a range of products, encompassing consumer facing experiences, as well as enterprise level, planning applications.
The ideal candidate is a creative, passionate, pragmatic thinker and communicator that can identify opportunities to solve problems and analyze customer behaviors to create innovative experiences in a fast-paced environment. Designers should have experience breaking down walls between design, engineering, and product. This role will partner closely with other product designers, engineering and product management peers, as well as data analytics to elevate the global end user experience across Hyatt's Meetings and Events product portfolio.
The candidate should possess the ability to conceptualize and execute a design with limited oversight and see it through to completion. This person plays a key role in helping to establish design styles and the aesthetic, therefore the work that is produced should be beautiful, thoughtful, and high quality. He or she should also have a strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver consistency throughout the design solution.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Product Design - Meetings and Events, The Senior Product Designer will play a pivotal role in contributing to research and delivering cutting-edge user-centric solutions. Our goal is to help autonomous product teams ship high-quality, consistent, experiences faster. You'll be joining a team full of creative thinkers who are passionate about design and creating world class experiences.
- Helps build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. Works collaboratively with Engineering and Product Management, to elevate and evolve the customer experience and deliver usable and delightful experiences to guests. Consistently and clearly communicate status to Digital leadership and business stakeholders.
- Make recommendations, help with conducting planning sessions, competitive analyses and strategy
- Explores new design patterns and practices, enhancing multiple toolkits to improve our overall customer experience across a range of form factors.
- Believes in the importance of consistency and understands the benefits of building things systematically
- Designs new components, working closely with product teams to ensure they meet their needs. Manages multiple tasks simultaneously and support the team's design and tech backlog
- Contributes to and helps to elevate our design culture on our digital product team
- Coaches and guides other product designers and helps evolve the product design process to create high-quality design products informed by data, usability and design principles and best practices
- Has the ability to learn new software and get up to speed on projects quickly
- Demonstrates a commitment to Hyatt core values.
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience
Additional Comments and Requirements
- Design and research tools including Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud, Mural, Axure, UserTesting and Zeplin
- Microsoft Office, Jira and Confluence
- Candidates must have experience participating in design research, ideation, development and delivery of web and mobile platforms. They must have experience overseeing design work across channels and with a multi-functional team, managing multiple tasks at one time and working effectively with a range of stakeholders. The role requires a deep understanding of human-centered design methodologies, lean practices, design operations and working in and with design systems. They should be fluent in design principles, best practices and trends.
- Candidates for this role should enjoy a challenging, fast-paced environment with a focus on quality and industry leading innovation.
- Ideal candidates will be continual learners who enjoy collaborating as part of a team
- He or she should have expert level skills using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, Photoshop, etc.).