Industry : Other Industry
Department : Engineering
Location : Chicago, United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 28 Jun 2022
Job Role : Assistant Chief Engineer
Recruiter : Hyatt Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ99284
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-09-06
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
We are looking for a Senior Product Engineer to join one of Hyatt's Digital Product teams, to design and implement outcome-based features, as well as modify and maintain existing systems. This position is ideal for someone who is skilled and passionate about development, and eager to expand their technical and leadership skills. Senior Full Stack Product Engineers will work closely with their Product and Design teammates to plan and negotiate iterative development cycles in an agile environment. The work will be primarily outcome-based objectives with a goal of measuring and showing improvement. This position is within the Webtools portfolio, which is focused on Hyatt end user authentication and session management across web and mobile. Senior Full Stack Product Engineers also collaborate with the Operations team to build infrastructure and care for Hyatt.com and associated properties in production, as Tier 3 support. They apply DevOps tools and culture to deliver software to production early and often, with highly automated and reliable procedures.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions
• Has solid grasp of building new frameworks, tools or systems. Able to bring creative technical solutions to the table and design solutions at scale.
• Works with product, design, and other team members to identify the functional and non-functional requirements of the feature being developed.
• Leverages technical knowledge and experiences to develop new techniques and approaches to technical problems, from design through deployment
• Able to troubleshoot complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
• Responsible the design and development of entire components and begins to lead some design/architecture discussions
• Generates new system documentation and can delegate corrections/updates to more junior team members if necessary
• Provide Tier 3 production support - able to troubleshoot complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
• Participates in team activities and contributes to discussions, such as architecture reviews and technology standards definitions
• Mentors more junior engineers through coaching and tech talks and discusses design and solutions with peers.
• Provide leadership with practical feedback on suboptimal technology/processes and provides potential solutions
• 5+ years of progressively complex experience in a full-time development role.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
• Good understanding of OOPs concepts and design patterns
• Programming experience in Java, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Gradle, JUnit
• Hands on experience with Mongo database and caching tools like Redis
• Have a good grasp on secure coding standards
• Hands on experience with OAuth 2.0 authentication standards
• Exposure to containerized deployments
• Experience with monitoring and performance tuning applications in production
Additional Comments and Requirements
• Excellent interpersonal skills required with a strong customer service orientation
• Is skilled and passionate about software engineering - specifically front-end and/or back-end web development, and someone who is eager to fill in the gaps in their toolbox
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
• Experience managing multiple tasks at the same time
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment
• Maintains a positive attitude and a learning/growth mindset
• Likes the challenge of simplifying complex systems, and you always consider the big picture even when acting locally.
• Has experience working in agile environments that have embraced DevOps and Continuous Delivery practices.