Job Role :
Assistant Chief Engineer
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Service Engineer
Five-star Hyatt Regency Amsterdam, brings botany & sustainability to life with an award-winning living interior, botanical inspired guestrooms, a passion for discovering our up and coming East neighborhood and a buzzing Indonesian Restaurant, Mama Makan.
Are you ready?
Because we are looking for an Engineer!
What does the ROLE entail?
- A team player with a good portion of personality;
- Someone who is not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves with a hands-on mentality;
- There are never problems, only challenges;
- Maintenance, painting, AV check-ups, technical issues: nothing is too crazy for you;
- The to-go-to person that assists in making the guests' stay a personalized and memorable one.
What's in it for YOU? General Perks:
- Carrying out and completing all maintenance works per the established schedule, ensuring high quality of finishing work, paying particular attention to guest related jobs;
- Performing repairs of all furniture and furnishings;
- Fabricating items like doors, frames, tables benches, etc, to an acceptable standard;
- Carrying out all painting related maintenance related to external and internal walls and all furniture, furnishings, equipment or any other products;
- Carrying out the required testing of water for various uses;
- Ensuring fire, life and safety systems are operational, performing related emergency procedures;
- Assembling, installing, testing and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment and fixtures using hand tools and power tools;
- Performing physical tasks such as digging trenches to lay conduit, lifting and moving heavy objects;
- Working with ladders, scaffolding and on roofs up to 25 meters in height to maintain, install or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures;
- An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best;
- 12 free nights at Hyatt hotels globally every year and 20% Discounts at our F&B outlets;
- A guest experience in your own city with a complimentary overnight stay, cocktails & dinner for two;
- Travel Allowance, starting from a 5 kilometers travel distance from the hotel.
- Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house.
- 25 Vacation days
"Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best - and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose"
- To support our colleagues mental wellbeing we provide access to "Headspace App" for all employees, free of charge as Hyatt's wellbeing assessment tool "Hyatt Well-Check"
- Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
- Hotel gym access
"Careers at Hyatt don't have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based an employee's individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice"
- International working experience with future international transfer happily facilitated.
- Personal development plan, in order to reach your full potential.
- A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues; from e-learning to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best (example: Excel courses, Leadership series etc.).
"Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all"
- An International team of over 15 different nationalities
- Focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within our team. Through employee support groups (HyPride & [email protected]), workshops and classroom trainings
- Some experience as an Engineer / Maintenance Technician, preferably in the hospitality industry;
- A relevant Diploma related to Engineering and Maintenance;
- Good language and communication skills in English and, preferably, in Dutch as well;
- Legally allowed to work in the Netherlands, holding an EU/EEA passport or a valid work permit for the country (we do not assist with Visa / permit applications).
are looking for?
If the answer is YES
, then please send us your CV and all the reasons why WE
are what YOU
are looking for to [email protected]