Austin, United States
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Shift Engineer| Full-Time [$20/hr]| Enjoy discounted rooms at Hyatt Hotels + Medical Benefits after 30 days!
The Driskill Hotel, steeped in historic traditions, opened its doors in 1886 under the ownership of Cattle Baron, Jesse Driskill. Today, the hotel remains one of Austin's most notable landmarks. The Hotel Mechanic is an exciting opportunity to join the facility maintenance team at this legendary location!
The Shift Engineer will be a self-driven and motivated individual responsible for shift coverage and therefore must possess strong trouble-shooting skills in all areas of hotel maintenance including guest rooms, meeting space, front of house areas, back of house areas, kitchens, laundry, electrical, mechanical, life safety and HVAC/R systems.
The ideal candidate will possess the knowledge to:
- Operate a Building Automation System
- Replace electric motors, trouble shoot equipment controls
- Acquire an EPA certification and be competent in performing HVAC/R repairs.
The Shift Engineer will also perform preventative maintenance on major equipment and systems to ensure optimized performance and longevity. A minimum of five years building maintenance experience is preferred.
- Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities. Hyatt Hotels & The Driskill believe strongly in promoting from within
- Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Insurance after 30 days for full-time colleagues
- Discounted Room Nights for you, your friends and family
- Free Hyatt Room nights after 1 year of Service
- Discounted Parking Options in Downtown Austin
- Heavily Reduced Bus Passes through payroll deduction
- Family Bonding Time and Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Schedules
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- EPA 608 Refrigeration Certification is required
- Open availability that includes evenings and weekends
- Five (5) years of building maintenance experience preferred
- Communication, Teamwork, and Time Management skills required.
- Basic computer skills including email, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, and stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift, pull, and push a moderate amount of weight.