Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Sommelier - Radii Restaurant & Bar
About Park Hyatt Melbourne
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world's premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
About the Role
As the Sommelier for Radii Restaurant & Bar, you will act as our wine expert and create wine lists that pair with our food menus. You will be responsible for assisting with the efficient running of the department according to the established brand standards of Hyatt International through providing professional, efficient and flexible service.
Working amongst a team of 20, you will support the Director of Outlets in the day to day operations as well as supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
This varied and dynamic role provides a chance to develop your Hospitality career within an international company; either in Australia or overseas.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Creating and updating the wine list in coordination with chefs and the Director of Outlets
- Recommending food and wine pairings
- Provide leadership to a diverse team
- Provide training and onboarding support for new associates within the department
- Seat, present menus, take orders, serve food and beverage to guests
- Monitor operation supplies and reduce spoilage and wastage
- Assist the Director in identifying training needs
- Handle guest enquires in a courteous and efficient manner
- Ensure all employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times
- Liaising with all necessary departments to ensure the productivity of the outlet is successful in its daily operations
- Previous Sommelier experience in a similar role within a Hotel or Restaurant
- Extensive knowledge of different wines and which regions produce each type
- A current Victorian Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate
- A local certificate in food handling and hygiene would be advantageous
- The confidence to promote ideas and make sound decisions under pressure
- A strong attention to detail and the desire to produce high quality operational and administrative outcomes
- The ability to create a positive first impression with an understanding of the importance of 5 star grooming standards
- The flexibility to work on a rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays
A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World's Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.melbourne.park.hyatt.com and @parkhyattmelbourne