Portland, United States
Job Role :
Executive Sous Chef
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Sous Chef
It's time to elevate your career in Culinary, and join the Hyatt Regency Portland team! Just steps away from the Oregon Convention Center, the Hyatt Regency Portland at the Oregon Convention Center offers an experience like nowhere else. As the largest hotel in Oregon, we have a culinary operation for all guests and groups! You will have an opportunity to take your expertise and enthusiasm for culinary, and turn ideas into reality for our guests! At your fingertips, you will have a brand new kitchen with all the finest technology, and an opportunity to support both the Banquet line and the Outlets (Market, Spoke & Fork, and Bridgetown). If you're ready to help lead our culinary team with fresh new ideas and a passion for your craft, you'll be able to build your experience in a gorgeous environment you'll be proud to represent!
The goal of the Sous Chef is to manage a specific department and work with the Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef to create, implement and maintain quality standards. In some instances the Sous Chef will be expected to be responsible for the entire operation in the absence of the Executive Sous Chef and/or Executive Chef. The ideal Sous Chef will accomplish their tasks by monitoring the daily functions of the culinary department, including providing support and guidance to the culinary team, ending in a positive guest experience.
- Support senior leadership by developing and assuming basic management responsibilities
- Assume the role of liaison between all departments within the culinary division and all other hotel departments
- Supervise the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Develop and implement creative menu items that adhere to Hyatt brand standards
- Plan, coordinate & implement special events and holiday functions
- Manage hourly kitchen employees through scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, evaluating and hiring
- May manage other key culinary leadership rolls including supervisor and other less senior Sous Chefs
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, and quality and consistency on a daily basis
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- Possess strong leadership, communication, organization and relationship skills
- Experience with training, basic financial management and customer service
- Proficient in general computer knowledge
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced customer service environment
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
- Strong training and communication skills
- Culinary education and/or on the job training, hotel experience preferred
- Geographic and schedule flexibility preferred.
Hyatt develops Sous Chefs to progress into the role of Executive Sous Chef through the training of Banquets, Restaurants and Garde Manager. Sous Chefs report directly to the Executive Sous Chef and/or Executive Chef.
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts believes in strong commitment to promotion from within. Begin your career today as the Sous Chef and find yourself as a Executive Sous Chef within a few years. 70% of management hired is from within Hyatt, 89% of Managing Committee is promoted from within. The statistics are there; make it your next step!
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in the culinary field. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.